Jump to content
victoria foxton

Days: November 2019 Discussion Threadūü¶É

Recommended Posts

I might be the only one who prefers Fat Freddie above the "six-pack showing" weight - with that said his acting sucks, Sonny is terrible and literally fills no function on the show and if a meteor fell on Sonny's head no one in Salem should care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

I noticed that Days has brought in some heavy hitters in the directing department to start off the leap forward episodes. Too bad the writing isn't even close to the directing. 

 

Yeah, we need to swap out a couple of the scriptwriters. Losing Melissa Salmons a few years ago was a big loss.

Edited by KMan101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KMan101 said:

 

Yeah, we need to swap out a couple of the scriptwriters. Losing Melissa Salmons a few years ago was a big loss.

+1

 

You could always tell a Melissa Salmons script, and her leaving has really been felt. The level of dialogue has really dropped with her gone. Did she retire or is she working elsewhere atm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beebs said:

You could always tell a Melissa Salmons script, and her leaving has really been felt. The level of dialogue has really dropped with her gone. Did she retire or is she working elsewhere atm?

 

Ali Sweeney hired her for several Hallmark-related projects, including the final installment of "Murder, She Baked" and her new "Chronicle Mysteries" series.

 

Salmons also wrote "Christmas at Holly Lodge" -- again, for Sweeney -- and you can catch that this season on "Countdown to Christmas" on the Hallmark Channel.

Edited by Khan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Khan said:

 

Ali Sweeney hired her for several Hallmark-related projects, including the final installment of "Murder, She Baked" and her new "Chronicle Mysteries" series.

 

Salmons also wrote "Christmas at Holly Lodge" -- again, for Sweeney -- and you can catch that this season on "Countdown to Christmas" on the Hallmark Channel.

I'm so pleased she's still working. Thanks for sharing that info, @Khan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we please put rumours in spoiler tags? Just trying to be spoiler-free as much as possible.  :)

 

 

Having the characters TELL us what happened isn't very exciting at all.   It's TV - SHOW us.   The only thing so far that intrigued me was "Stefano" (but now that even was ruined for me if the rumour posted above is true).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, beebs said:

+1

 

You could always tell a Melissa Salmons script, and her leaving has really been felt. The level of dialogue has really dropped with her gone. Did she retire or is she working elsewhere atm?

 

Absolutely! I could almost always instantly tell it was her script (especially during the horrible days of Tomsell at their worst and any of Higley's reign). Same for the Cullitons. They aren't perfect but I used to be able to tell because the Cullitons and Salmons scripts would almost always "save" the day for me when the show was in the crapper. At least I could depend on an entertaining script and you could tell who cared.

 

I'd dump probably three scriptwriters at this point. They were also a problem when Ron wrote GH and OLTL. He had weak script writers.

11 hours ago, Toups said:

Can we please put rumours in spoiler tags? Just trying to be spoiler-free as much as possible.  :)

 

 

Having the characters TELL us what happened isn't very exciting at all.   It's TV - SHOW us.   The only thing so far that intrigued me was "Stefano" (but now that even was ruined for me if the rumour posted above is true).  

 

Speculation isn't spoilers, Toups but if you think it's true, then maybe you were spoiled before this thread ;) Relax. In my own defense, everything I'm speaking of, mostly, is speculation. I'm not up on all the rumors or spoilers. Just my own speculation. Again, relax. I respect the idea to hide spoilers, and I would have if I thought I was truly spoiling anything. ;) 

 

I have 0 proof that 'Steve is Stefano' but come on, doesn't it all add together? How is that spoiling anything? I'm speculating and the story laid out seems to lead to it. What's the big deal?

Edited by KMan101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Ben was given the death penalty? How does this not scream out Todd/Victor on OLTL. ReRon will probably have Ben tied down and being executed for Jordan's death as Ciara cries out her love for him across a window. Then...wham...the phone rings and he's pardoned so they can live happily ever after. 

 

I think Casey Moss is doing well with this story of JJ being an addict again. When he and Brady were in the park, I loved how he kept looking like he was going to nod off to sleep while standing up. He did great with his almost suicide story. I'm looking forward to how he does with this. 

 

The rest of the TJ stories for me have been meh....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Melroser said:

So, Ben was given the death penalty? How does this not scream out Todd/Victor on OLTL. ReRon will probably have Ben tied down and being executed for Jordan's death as Ciara cries out her love for him across a window. Then...wham...the phone rings and he's pardoned so they can live happily ever after. 

 

Or...Ben dies; Ciara goes to the park bench to cry about it; and who should show up to ask her what's going on but Ben's long-lost twin brother, Brian!  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost all caught up, after lagging behind by 3 months! Up to last Wednesday...  In set world, I'm glad they updated University Hospital. I kinda like having a view of the "sprawling city" behind them, even if we can't see the park bench or Horton Town Square, which is essentially the essence of Salem USA these days.  Will/Ben's prison cell is nicely lit and not cramped. Also pleasantly surprised that the prison visiting room isn't some cramped space either.  Alas, with those "spacious" sets (lol) must mean that DiMansion has been reduced to that study room again.  I also like the new Bistro set, even though that one scene with 9 castmembers had them so cramped you literally saw characters shuffling awkwardly to make space when someone needed to walk around. Oh, well, it's something new. And finally, the new industrial set that's being redressed as Princess Gina's lair, Eli's apartment, Basic Black, and soon-to-be eight other sets I'm sure... at least it's *new* and they're doing a better job at changing it up versus the blue room. 

 

Edited by Gray Bunny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still keep thinking that Sonny should have been the cause of his mom's death. Sonny doesnt want to fight & Will in reporter mode is trying to free him. Evan is still a spoil in their relationship but has eyes for Will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sonny is so anxious to be screwed by Evan. 

 

Evan: want to join me...got a lot food...

Sonny Bear: at your place?...with his tongue already sticking out.....

Edited by Soapsuds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Sonny is so anxious to be screwed by Evan. 

 

Evan: want to join me...got a lot food...

Sonny Bear: at your place?...with his tongue already sticking out.....

A thirsty Evan¬†enticing Sonny¬†ūüźĽ¬†with food.¬†b5abb296a98ede14826475c6ba12c0bc.gif

Edited by victoria foxton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...