Days: November 2019 Discussion Thread🦃

• Members

The writing for this storyline is and continues to be terrible. Ron has really dumbed down Lani to elevate Gabi. And this isn't the first time that a character has been dumbed down, so that Gabi could do some sort or revenge plan & scheme. I felt that both Abigail and even Stefan to some degree were dumbed down so that Gabi could try and run over them. I think that Ron really favors Gabi and this is one big reason we are and have gotten this type of writing regarding other characters and her.

This is why I SMH when some of the Gabi fans on places like twitter were acting like this was going to be some sort of rivalrly. It's not, Lani is being written without a backbone or much intelligence, while Gabi gets to control her. It's really unfortunate, especially since Lani isn't featured much as it is and hasn't been fleshed out that much as a character. 

This could have been a better storyline if Lani was written with more of a backbone and been allowed to thwart Gabi in some way. At the very least she should have told Eli and others about Gabi's plan regarding Julie and the pacemaker. They could have thwarted that and Gabi could have come up with some other plan to get Lani to break up with Eli. Lani and Eli could have gotten married and then later on after the spoiled event happens, we could have seen Gabi still trying to break them up. Or maybe even Eli/Gabi together, (which I think will probably happen.) The show could have shown us how that happened in spite of Lani thwarting Gabi's original plan. And Lani still could have reunited with Eli again in some fashion. 

Those types of things would have made this storyline more interesting, much less ridiculous and would have put Lani on more equal footing with Gabi. Instead it's heavily lopsided in favor of Gabi and Lani looks very weak. I think that Eli will be the next person to be dumbed down and weakened in this story.

Edited by xtr

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sad to think about the years when the soaps were such high quality that the NYT actually said the Iris wiretapping story on Another World was more compelling than the Nixon hearings. These days will anyone even care the soaps aren't on?