YRBB

Y&R: Ding Dong This Actor's Gone!

1 minute ago, YRBB said:

The only source of story for him, his family, is gone. Did he really think he was that important that he could dictate/kill story and he'd still be kept around? 

Straight up arrogance and he got what he deserved.  I like DG but...oh well. 

There was a little potential there if he'd been shady/villainous and I never had an issue with his looks.... but Cane the Merciful Hero That D!cks Lily Down was not, is not, and will NEVER be it.

2 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

Straight up arrogance and he got what he deserved.  I like DG but...oh well. 

Yeah, I honestly don't have any major issues with DG (he's not a master thespian but is serviceable) and, under the right circumstances, they could've made something of him. But I'll never accept him thumbing his nose at BM/Traci and, yes, he got what he deserved for it.

I don't see any toxic fanbase doing much of anything. Didn't GL get rid of Danny/Michelle and, by extension, their fans? I recall reading here their fans were just as bad, but the show and CBS cut bait and life went on...

Just now, ChitHappens said:

Nah!  Cane outlived his usefulness and was lucky they wanted him to sit on ice with Tracy.  That wasn't good enough for DG, so in the end, he shot himself in the foot.  

if GH isn't already sniffing around, he will more than likely be back on Y&R in under a year. Dude knows his pull. The post is only a half hour old and he's already got 900+ comments of people "heartbroken" etc, etc. Y&R is struggling in the ratings as it is, so I don't buy that they're gonna heave this hoe and be done with him. lol 

"...but sadly it seems that without Neil and Lily there just is no Cane."

Well, it's your own, damn fault, DG!  If you hadn't been so busy using your stans to sabotage every effort to make your character viable outside of the Hamilton/Winters contingent, your ugly, mediocre ass wouldn't be out of a job (for the moment)!

3 minutes ago, dio said:

if GH isn't already sniffing around, he will more than likely be back on Y&R in under a year. Dude knows his pull. The post is only a half hour old and he's already got 900+ comments of people "heartbroken" etc, etc. Y&R is struggling in the ratings as it is, so I don't buy that they're gonna heave this hoe and be done with him. lol 

Excellent point(s), dio!

On the other hand, Angelica McDaniel isn't around this time to save his proverbial bacon on behalf of the network, so who really knows?

10 minutes ago, Wendy said:

Didn't GL get rid of Danny/Michelle and, by extension, their fans? I recall reading here their fans were just as bad, but the show and CBS cut bait and life went on...

Between the Mannyacs and the Bradley Cole (Prince Richard/Jeffrey O'Neill) stans, life was miserable for the average, longtime GL fan.

Unfortunately, once TPTB neutralized the Mannyacs, we had the GusH (for Gus & Harley) fans to contend with.  By that point, I, for one, was READY and WILLING to throw in the towel on the show.

Edited by Khan

30 minutes ago, YRBB said:

Seems that, by fυcking with Beth Maitland's story, dear DG set up his own exit.... Buh Bye!

As @dragonflies said in the other "DG OUT!" thread (which needs to be merged with this thread, btw), "Karma is a bitch!".

29 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

Somewhere, Beth Maitland is laughing with glee! 

I know I'd be if I were she!  LOL!

Edited by Khan

Bye.

Christel Khalil is gone. He's gone. If Amelia Heinle is next then my three most loathed actors on this show will be no longer.

His comment is so passive aggressive. I like when actors handle their firings with a bit more dignity. Your character has been on life support for 5 years now. I hope he was building up his savings.

Edited by Darn

27 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

I wonder if his pandering on social media had anything to do with it

I think it was that AND the fact that Angelica McDaniel, who was probably his biggest cheerleader at the network, is officially out the door.

1 minute ago, Darn said:

Christel Khalil is gone. He's gone. If Amelia Heinle is next then my three most loathed actors on this show will be no longer.

32 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

I hope Lily is recast in a year. 

I don't!  Anyone who steps into THOSE shoes will face the wrath of so many idiotic fans!  I'm fine with Lily remaining off-canvas for good!

Edited by Khan