29 minutes ago, jam6242 said:

Julie started making the comments with the racial undertones last December when she called Gabi “chiquita” during their showdown.  Then she made some similar remarks when talking about Gabi to Abby.  Before that she always made it clear that she hated Gabi because she murdered Nick.  Coincidentally, Stefan started making similar comments to Gabi at the same time but there hasn’t been any uproar over that.  I could wring Ron’s neck for starting this.  I didn’t watch OLTL but I understand that he had KDP’s character call a Latina character, “chiquita,” on there.  He probably thought he was being funny.  

I get why that's racist, but at the same time, I don't think it was meant to be written as such. It IS something a woman of Julie's age would, sadly, say (that doesn't make it right, and I'm tired of everyone being 100% PC because it isn't realistic, but at the same time, it does more damage than he thinks especially with crazy stans who can't separate actor from fiction). But yeah ... I mean, they addressed it but it's not something that should of had to be addressed. Now fans cling to Julie as some lying racist and "poor Gabi" ... bothers me so much. I love Gabi too but she's anything but innocent, LOL

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, KMan101 said:

I get why that's racist, but at the same time, I don't think it was meant to be written as such. It IS something a woman of Julie's age would, sadly, say. But yeah ... I mean, they addressed it but it's not something that should of had to be addressed. Now fans cling to Julie as some lying racist and "poor Gabi" ... bothers me so much. I love Gabi too but she's anything but innocent, LOL

This is what caused Bill and Susan to start getting the hate tweets and prompted Bill to remind people that the actors don’t write their stories.  

5 minutes ago, jam6242 said:

This is what caused Bill and Susan to start getting the hate tweets and prompted Bill to remind people that the actors don’t write their stories.  

Hate that they've gotten hate tweets.

1 minute ago, Donna B said:

Hate that they've gotten hate tweets.

Bill handles their Twitter account and he is so sweet about talking to the fans and reminiscing,  I don’t know how anyone could be hateful to him.  I’m expecting it to start back up soon with this current story.

These fans sending hate tweets are disgusting. Unfortunately hate towards actors and actresses from delusional fans who think that the shows are real is nothing new.

8 minutes ago, ReddFoxx said:

These fans sending hate tweets are disgusting. Unfortunately hate towards actors and actresses from delusional fans who think that the shows are real is nothing new.

Yes, disgusting for sure.

40 minutes ago, jam6242 said:

These people are just scum. They are deluded beyond belief. To send hate to two elderly people who are just doing their jobs. I really have a lot of hate in my heart for anyone like this.

Just now, Soapsuds said:

I noticed that Gabi and Stefan's bedroom ensemble is the same as mine. Shouldn't I be getting some kind of check?...lol

I dunno, there's only so many ways to arrange Ikea furniture

Please register in order to view this content

No shade intended, I promise.

3 minutes ago, beebs said:

I dunno, there's only so many ways to arrange Ikea furniture

No shade intended, I promise.

Ikea? Nope....anyways I need my check...if they are going to use the likeness of my bedroom as their set I need to get paid here...

I think that when they did the tribute for Caroline that they were 6 months ahead. How long has that been? 1 month? 2?

Just now, Soapsuds said:

Ikea? Nope....anyways I need my check...if they are going to use the likeness of my bedroom as their set I need to get paid here...

Haha, I only make that crack as I work for Ikea and I have definitely recognized pieces in more than one set. Besides, consider DAYS' budget nowadays, that one check could probably singlehandedly bankrupt the entire production!

2 minutes ago, Donna B said:

I think that when they did the tribute for Caroline that they were 6 months ahead. How long has that been? 1 month? 2?

Days is filming 8 to 9 months ahead.

1 minute ago, beebs said:

Haha, I only make that crack as I work for Ikea and I have definitely recognized pieces in more than one set. Besides, consider DAYS' budget nowadays, that one check could probably singlehandedly bankrupt the entire production!

Hmmm...I've been to Ikea but haven't bought furniture from them.