slick jones

General Hospital October Discussion Thread

Am I the only one who doesn’t think Cynthia Watros is doing a good job playing Nina? I’ve liked her in everything else, but this just isn’t working for me.

6 minutes ago, ranger1rg said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t think Cynthia Watros is doing a good job playing Nina? I’ve liked her in everything else, but this just isn’t working for me.

Nina is just a crappy character.  I think CW is trying to figure out how to play a basically lame character and MS was just distracting us with scenery chewing and hammy performances.  That said, MS had better chemistry with Ingo and JPS.  I think I might prefer her Nina, but I think Nina is wholly unnecessary and can go anytime.  CW just doesn't click with any of the cast members and is pretty painful with Jax, which is surprising, as I usually think he has pretty good chem with his leading ladies.   So I think CW is a good actress-she just really can't rise above this awful character.  It's not like she's getting Annie Dutton material here.

11 hours ago, carolineg said:

So I think CW is a good actress-she just really can't rise above this awful character. 

If Cynthia Watros can't make Nina "pop," then you KNOW the character has to GO.

19 minutes ago, Khan said:

If Cynthia Watros can't make Nina "pop," then you KNOW the character has to GO.

Wow, I didn't realize the writing for her was so bad. If Watros can't play some part, whatever that part is, then, there is something dreadfully wrong!

Just now, Donna B said:

Wow, I didn't realize the writing for her was so bad. If Watros can't play some part, whatever that part is, then, there is something dreadfully wrong!

No worse than anyone else.  Nina simply is a waste of space.  She was god awful and unnecessary with Staff Infection in the role.  Now, she is just unnecessary.  Frank introduces characters and they eat the show whole without ever being constructed properly.  They are simply "in your face" characters, courtesy of that idiot EP! 

Actually Cynthia & Scarlett (Charolette) were the only actors that i honestly bought their reactions to this mess. I like her better than MS and yes Nina may not be needed but Im looking forward to the reveal that 

Spoiler

Willow is her daughter

So why is Peter setting up Sam? What does that accomplish. Shouldnt he just be glad Shiloh's dead & move on???

Edited by John