Jump to content
Taoboi

Y&R October 2019 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, BetterForgotten said:

Another part of the issue with Noah is that this show refuses to let Nick and Sharon grow the f.uck up and still writes them as if they’re 20-somethings.

Bingo!!! As crappy as they were all of Nicks stories the last few years would have been 20 times better if Noah was rightfully in his place!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

 

Just an observation but it seemed as if she didn't want her "Phyllis" to be tied to a character that she regarded as old. Her Phyllis would rather be on top of Nick, or Ronan or some guy who she sees as sexier, making her part of a hot, younger coupling.  It's just the way her body language came across the last time around when the writers decided that Phyllis loved Jack (just before she went into a coma after the tumbled down the stairs).  Because she was leaving the show, she could utter those words of love to Jack (in her mind, while unconscious, of course) but I thought she was going to choke on the words nevertheless, lol. 

I wonder if she returned to the show believing that Phyllis would remain paired with Billy as it was when GT was in the role?

But MS has said no such thing, unlike SC who DID say it bout PB in 08 and who just said it bout her preference for Sharon/Adam rather than Sharon/Rey

 

Anywho, of course PB and MS have shared scenes, some tomorrow too, watch the scenes!

 

But I doo agree the writing fof Phyllis sucks!

13 hours ago, ranger1rg said:

I highly doubt that Michelle Stafford made story and coupling demands before signing a contract to return. Rumors like that take on a life of their own and spread like wildfire, but there’s no evidence to any of that.

 

if I’m to believe what I read on soap social media, at least a half dozen Y&R actors make regular demands to the writers and producers. It’s bullshit.

Bye Daniel Goddard!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Roman said:


 all they have her doing is either flipping out, looking brain dead or throwing a tantrum. no long term writing for her....and it becomes more and more apparent to me that Gina should NOT have been let go to bring Michelle on. BTW....have her and PB had any scenes together?

IA, Josh is writing her the opposite of his last stint, where she was boring and domesticated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Y&R's issues with developing/writing great 20-something characters and casting them well, Nick & Sharon being trapped in those storylines will not change.  To move them out of that, the show would first have to be able to replace them with something equally as good or better that can carry story....

Edited by YRBB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Theo stuff is AWFUL and UNNECESSARY.  And OMG what the hell are they writing for Phyllis? Phyllis on Adam couch begging to be accepted, and then ripping up the cheque? So much awfulness and Stafford once again did not deliver. I wonder if she regrets coming back, because it looks like the cast has moved on from MS Phyllis, even from the scene interactions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2019 at 11:41 AM, BetterForgotten said:

Robert Adamson just doesn't work as Noah in the long-term, IMO. He now looks too damn old for the role, yet has the puny voice that no one can take seriously. 

 

Better writing would help, but they need a more formidable and charismatic actor in that role. 

 

Can't say I agree with this, sounds slightly sexist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StepBack said:

This Theo stuff is AWFUL and UNNECESSARY.  And OMG what the hell are they writing for Phyllis? Phyllis on Adam couch begging to be accepted, and then ripping up the cheque? So much awfulness and Stafford once again did not deliver. I wonder if she regrets coming back, because it looks like the cast has moved on from MS Phyllis, even from the scene interactions.

Agreed. I can’t stand Theo. Y&R is so blah lately. Is this November sweeps or sleeps? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, YRBB said:

With Y&R's issues with developing/writing great 20-something characters and casting them well, Nick & Sharon being trapped in those storylines will not change.  To move them out of that, the show would first have to be able to replace them with something equally as good or better that can carry story....

 

Frankly, I think SC could handle the transition toward meatier, more age-appropriate material.  She's no Beverlee McKinsey, but under the right circumstances, she could hold her own.

 

It's JM who's the real issue.  Five years from now, if/when Y&R is still on the air, we'll STILL be watching his Nick hump twenty-somethings on barroom floors, because the frat boy just isn't mature enough to handle anything more substantive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Khan said:

 

Frankly, I think SC could handle the transition toward meatier, more age-appropriate material.  She's no Beverlee McKinsey, but under the right circumstances, she could hold her own.

 

It's JM who's the real issue.  Five years from now, if/when Y&R is still on the air, we'll STILL be watching his Nick hump twenty-somethings on barroom floors, because the frat boy just isn't mature enough to handle anything more substantive.

 

That too.

 

SC could, without a doubt, handle her own. She's been doing so with really crappy material for 15 years.

 

JM could even rise to the occasion if he wasn't lazy.

 

But the problem with creating good 20 year old characters and writing them well remains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...