Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, BetterForgotten said:

Interestingly, when ATWT was recasting Craig in 2000, the finalists were Matt Ashford, Lane Davies, and Hunt Block. 

Wow, Lane would have been FABulous in that role!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, BetterForgotten said:

Interestingly, when ATWT was recasting Craig in 2000, the finalists were Matt Ashford, Lane Davies, and Hunt Block. 

 

Well, Lane Davies would have been an interesting choice -- even if the writing at that time wasn't going to do him any favors either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Khan said:

 

Well, Lane Davies would have been an interesting choice -- even if the writing at that time wasn't going to do him any favors either.

I just love Lane, always have, always will.

I did have trouble forgiving Jack for the rape. So many people just let it slide off their backs. When Jenn was like an up-and-coming tentpole character. Like NuAlice. And, Kayla was a favorite who didn't need trouble.

That was when so many people were naming their daughters Kayla.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2019 at 3:00 PM, Donna B said:

If I remember correctly that is when Cady McClain was dating Hunt & she praised him to the sky & back, called him an iconoclast, etc. I liked Cady before when she was paired with Michael E. Knight & playing Dixie, instead of when she was playing Rosanna. I like her now for her memoir, for her work as a Director and for being married to Jon Lindstrom.

I ran into the definition today:

iconoclastic
sound_icon.png
[ahy-kon-uh-klas-tik]
adjective
1.
attacking or ignoring cherished beliefs and long-held traditions, etc., as being based on error, superstition, or lack of creativity: an iconoclastic architect whose buildings are like monumental sculptures.
2.
breaking or destroying images, especially those set up for religious veneration.
 
And, I tell you it really really made me think of Hunt Block''s NuCraig!
 
Some of you mentioned John Wesley Shipp who maintains quite a Social Media presence. After daytime he was very good on SISTERS. But that's primetime, still soapy as all get out. And, now he's very good again on THE FLASH. Not a soap. Not daytime. Strictly action/adventure with drama.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

 

On 10/2/2019 at 4:44 PM, Khan said:

 

Well, Lane Davies would have been an interesting choice -- even if the writing at that time wasn't going to do him any favors either.

A bunch of us used to follow Lane's Pilot Plus career. He'd get cast in shows that would go exactly 13 episodes, make money off that & have the exposure. Then, he'd spend his time doing regional theatre, especially Shakespeare in his native Georgia. He was from Dalton, GA. I lived in Dalton. Back then Dalton was "the carpet capital of the world". It is no longer.

Edited by Donna B
Selective content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2019 at 6:11 PM, EllenP said:

This is shocking. RIP, Hogan. I loved his ATWT. He infused the show with humor and gothic elements. More importantly, he raised the stakes in the show’s storytelling. It was obvious that he was dealing with network interference in 2004 and onward. In fact, Rose’s death was to have sparked a huge umbrella story involving Holden, Lily, Dusty, and Molly, but the network nixed it. The show had to scramble, and I’m guessing that’s why the Cabot story dragged out. Whatever the case was, I loved most of his stories and how he wrote Barbara, Carly, Jessica, Jack, Hal, and so many others.

 

I was one of a bunch of fans who were pissed that someone made that umbrella storyline & Rose's death get scrapped with a capital S!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:53 AM, Donna B said:

 

 

What choices? I mean, which ones?

 

The way he tended to repeat his own stories. The first summer, Lily and Simon were stuck on an island. The next summer, it was Katie and Henry on the same island. (And I swear the summer after that, there was another "island" story...) Bringing back old characters with new personalities like Craig, Rosanna, Dusty (I'd add Brad, but that was Pissy). Writing every teen like an idiot. Giving stories that just weren't working a farce-like ending (Billy, Bonnie, Issac and Lisa (I think) spent like a month in Scotland in some bizarre excuse for a wrap up that included a dwarf and one of the Monkees, as I recall...) 

 

 

 

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:13 PM, victoria foxton said:

Since Hogan's passing. I rewatched some his ATWT online. There's a lot HB's Craig. He is so hard to take. HB's Craig was a completely different entity. Hunt Block would never ever do this. https://youtu.be/nRM84dxzdy0    

mO8K3O.gif

 

 

At the time, I remember there was a lot of bitching on various boards about Craig eating the f'in show. We counted---he was on 40 straight episodes at one point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2019 at 1:11 PM, Fevuh said:

Somewhere in the 90's it got terrible...when they went to the new goose-flying season changing opening credits that looked like a tampax commercial.


I’ve never thought of it thus, but now that I have the image in my mind I don’t think I will ever be able to un-see this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 10:11 PM, P.J. said:

 

The way he tended to repeat his own stories. The first summer, Lily and Simon were stuck on an island. The next summer, it was Katie and Henry on the same island. (And I swear the summer after that, there was another "island" story...) Bringing back old characters with new personalities like Craig, Rosanna, Dusty (I'd add Brad, but that was Pissy). Writing every teen like an idiot. Giving stories that just weren't working a farce-like ending (Billy, Bonnie, Issac and Lisa (I think) spent like a month in Scotland in some bizarre excuse for a wrap up that included a dwarf and one of the Monkees, as I recall...) 

 

Well, now that you mention it, refreshing it in my mind, the Island Tales were sheer drudgery.

 

And, the time spent in Scotland wore me down.

 

On 10/5/2019 at 10:11 PM, P.J. said:

At the time, I remember there was a lot of bitching on various boards about Craig eating the f'in show. We counted---he was on 40 straight episodes at one point. 

 

Yikes! That was way too much Hunt Block!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2019 at 3:36 PM, Bright Eyes said:

His original plans for DAYS were very promising. I also enjoyed his beginnings on Y&R. And whatever good or bad he did to ATWT, he definitely gave the show a jolt of energy and a watercooler buzz.

 

I can't help but think of his brother who I enjoyed on One Tree Hill. Rest in Peace.


what were his original plans for Days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roman said:

what were his original plans for Days?

 

I'm curious as well, @Roman.  The only plan of his that I know of was (of course) giving the men of Salem back their balls.  (Hogan Sheffer was REALLY obsessed with men's balls for some reason.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Khan said:

 

I'm curious as well, @Roman.  The only plan of his that I know of was (of course) giving the men of Salem back their balls.  (Hogan Sheffer was REALLY obsessed with men's balls for some reason.)

 

Yes, Hoagie had testosterone on the brain!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...