Sign in to follow this  
Vee

"thirtysomething" revival in works

Allegedly planned to focus on the children of the original cast (who would appear).

I never really watched it, but okay!

18 minutes ago, Vee said:

Allegedly planned to focus on the children of the original cast (who would appear).

I never really watched it, but okay!

I watched it!  And I loved it!

It isn't the WORST idea in the world.  But, a continuing series?  I don't think so.  They would be better off doing a reunion movie for a streamer like Netflix or Hulu.

Edited by Khan

5 minutes ago, dragonflies said:

They truly are reviving everything. Before we know it, its going to be all revivals and nothing else on tv

When "Friends" and "Golden Girls" reruns are trending, you know the industry is in a slump.

Edited by Khan

I never watched as a kid, I mostly remember the show as being a sitcom punchline. I wouldn't mind watching the original if it's streaming somewhere, though it really just hit me that I'm no longer... thirtysomething. WTF does the time go...

On 9/25/2019 at 4:43 PM, SFK said:

I never watched as a kid, I mostly remember the show as being a sitcom punchline. I wouldn't mind watching the original if it's streaming somewhere, though it really just hit me that I'm no longer... thirtysomething. WTF does the time go...

Tell me about it! I stopped being thirtysomething about three weeks ago!!

In any case, the series in its entirety is available on DVD. Here's the cover art:

51ydFtSgenL._SY445_.jpg

lol. Why?

It's like Mad About You? Why?

But in the end I don't necessarily mind brief revivals that peek in on a familiar series. 

The FRIENDS cast still act like they're too good for a revival, and I'm fine with that one staying in the past.

11 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

Tell me about it! I stopped being thirtysomething about three weeks ago!!

In any case, the series in its entirety is available on DVD. Here's the cover art:

51ydFtSgenL._SY445_.jpg

TFS! Cheers to us '79 babes! 😉