CW: Walker, Texas Ranger reboot

5 hours ago, YRBB said:

They've cast Keegan Allen as Walker's gay brother, which pleasantly surprised me. I like the description of their family backstory/dynamic and hope they use it a lot instead of making him a background character.

Considering it's the CW, tokenism is the likely outlet. At least Berlanti isn't tied to this...

5 hours ago, DRW50 said:

Considering it's the CW, tokenism is the likely outlet. At least Berlanti isn't tied to this...

Agreed. I'm hoping we are proven wrong this time...

• 11 months later...

Nice to see Lindsey Morgan land a new show so soon after The 100. ( @Taoboi )

I always liked the Chuck Norris version, and Jared Padalecki is going to have to show up to get me to continue watching.  

So far Keegan Allen is just supporting, but they did mention a home in town and a boyfriend, so we'll see how much tokenism continues.......

Always liked Coby Bell......

Could do without the teen angst...

@Toups or @Errol could you move this to the CW thread?

LOL!!! at @slick jones. My co-worker let me know where she landed since she's the one who got me into the 100 and worships the ground the SUPERNATURAL boys walk on. Wait to hear what she says at work tomorrow before I watch.

Also remember the Chuck Norris version so I am hesitant. Shocked my mom is gung-ho for it. So I just might as well. lol. I grew up watching with her. 

• Toups changed the title to CW: Walker, Texas Ranger reboot
  • 1 month later...

So far CW's no.1 show in ratings overall about a month into it's run. It's performing nearly 3 times the average of a typical CW show.

Due to the strong ratings performance they ordered an additional 5 episodes (bringing Season 1 up to 18 episodes) and renewed the show for a second season, just after two episodes aired. 

11 minutes ago, Taoboi said:

The power of SUPERNATURAL.

Please register in order to view this content

Just because his pretty. It will last a 100 yrs like Supernatural. It's generic and bland like most of the TV shows on network tv.

Edited by victoria foxton

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Tell a friend

Love Soap Opera Network Community? Tell a friend!
    • It's true that the character's latest major story was winding down, but DAYS was insane to let Alexander's contract laps. She was one of daytime's biggest stars, and one of the most popular actresses by far on the show. It was hard adjusting to her replacement. Bennye Gatteys might have been fine playing another role, and she was an adequate actress overall, but she lacked the intensity and charisma and star appeal that Alexander was blessed with. It was like watching Linda Borgenson  on AW, Victoria Mallory on Y&R or Daniel Pilon on TGL: they simply did not live up to the original actors in their roles. Susan Martin never regained the popularity she had had when Denise Alexander played her. The character started being seen less and less, and then disappeared completely, without even a write-off scene. It was a disappointing way to end a character who had once been hugely important to Salem.      I know this will sound caustic (I honestly don't mean it to be), but who the heck is Lesley Jordan, and why should we give credence to this person's assessment of Frann's character? I've honestly never heard anyone bad-mouth Frann in the last 50 years, LOL. (On the other hand, there are  actors who have been rumored to feud with people regularly.)
    • I feel like I would’ve been more invested had Uk not aired at the same time and been such a joyous show. They need to take a page out of the BBC and do a more genuine season that isn’t driven by shocks and producer manipulation to keep it interesting. 
    • Yuh-Jung Youn just won the Supporting Actress BAFTA, which is a boost for her Oscar prospects. Would be only the second actress of Asian descent (to my knowledge) to win an Oscar after Miyoshi Umeki for Sayonara in 1958.
    • RHoJohannesburg   @Cheap21 @Chris B maybe not over yet?         RHOA   What? Not Finale Promo when it's actually NEXT WEEK!!!!    
    • Wendy Riche spoke about dealing with the network when she wanted to tell an AIDS story before the Labine had decided on Stone and Robin. She had gone to the network about having A.J. Quartermaine contract the disease from a situation that would leave people asking who slept with who. Of course, it's also rumored that Marland intended for Hank Eliot, not his lover Charles, to die of the disease. In both scenarios, there is definitely a concern about perpetuating a stereotype that gay men are promiscuous.    Here's the transcript from the Riche interview on WeLoveSoaps:     I'm watching a bit of 1995. There is a scene that I watched, before seeing this more recently, where A.J. shows up at the gatehouse and crashes a girls' night with Brenda and Lois. I believe the purpose of the scene is for Ned to walk in and be upset that A.J. is meddling, but there are moments where I feel like A.J. enjoyed just dishing the dirt with the ladies and that the show was testing the waters at pre- "Will and Grace" dynamic between A.J. and the ladies. It's entirely possible I completely misread the scene as well.   
  • Recent Status Updates

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy