Sign in to follow this  
dragonflies

"Saved By the Bell" reboot gets series order on NBC Universal streaming service

So many years have passed, so many things have changed for students in high school from then til now. Because of that this revival has a better shot at being a lot better then Saved by the Bell: The New Class

Edited by AbcNbc247

This is so odd. I could see how they could do an unrelated spin off ala The New Class, but this seems to include some of the originals and I wonder how that will go. Tiffani and Mark Paul are both working. I'm sure their schedule could open up, but still weird choice for a continuation. 

22 minutes ago, Chris B said:

This is so odd. I could see how they could do an unrelated spin off ala The New Class, but this seems to include some of the originals and I wonder how that will go. Tiffani and Mark Paul are both working. I'm sure their schedule could open up, but still weird choice for a continuation. 

What confuses me is why they included Zack's character, which isn't needed, if they had no plans to even contact the actor involved. I've heard some say who does MPG think he is, and so on, but if I were him I'd have the same reaction.

1 hour ago, DRW50 said:

What confuses me is why they included Zack's character, which isn't needed, if they had no plans to even contact the actor involved. I've heard some say who does MPG think he is, and so on, but if I were him I'd have the same reaction.

It's confusing because like you said they didn't HAVE to include him, they choose to, so why not contact him? And the crazy thing is that he was available! He is a recast on Mixed-Ish. This has obviously been in development for a while so they could've easily contacted him and he'd be available to do it. Then with Lark Voorhees and Dustin Diamond, I find it hard to believe they'll appear due to personal problems. Just seems like it would've been better to just go with a new cast so people wouldn't want the old cast back.

Zach and Kelly are Saved by the Bell. Ill pass.....and I guess EB career has gone to the shits thus the revival....same with Mario thinks he is still hot Lopez.

Unless they can get at least two out of the foursome of MPG, Tiffani, Mario and Elizabeth to appear, don't bother.

I can easily see Jessie Spano turning up as a guest artist/teacher.