rlj

Angelica McDaniel OUT! (CBS Daytime)

On 9/8/2019 at 1:08 PM, soapfan770 said:

Actually glad to see Angelica McDaniel go the way of her predecessors Barbara Bloom and Lucy Johnson. Even better yet, like Mary Alice Dwyer-Dobbin(remember the MADD one?) at P&G her position is pretty much eliminated altogether. Micromanaging meddlesome exec's, whether it was Johnson or McDaniel at CBS, MADD with P&G, John Rohrbeck, Susan Lee, and Sheraton Kalouria at NBC, or Angela Shapiro and Brian Frons at ABC are all that helped kill the daytime soaps with their very short-sighted and self-fulfilling agendas. 

Look at all these names that go into my Network & Network Execs thread!

McDaniel's support has always been suspect; championing the work of MAB, Pratt, and then pushing the Rosales family in to replace the Winters were all horrible. She will not be missed. ABC and NBC haven't had any specific daytime exec for years; the CBS daytime lineup, while ailing, will be fine without one. Sad to say, unless their are extremely drastic changes I just don't see the current CBS Daytime lineup existing in its current form beyond 2021.

Who is MAB?

Unlike GL which is the only soap I considered that really did die of natural causes as opposed to the typical shocking cancellation, Y&R and B&B still have a lot of life left in them but it would actually take a lot of drastic change, focus, talent, energy and even perhaps a change in format & delivery to save them, something I just don't see happening either unfortunately. 

11 hours ago, Donna B said:

Look at all these names that go into my Network & Network Execs thread!

Who is MAB?

Maria Arena Bill. Brad Bell‘s sister in law and one time Y&R head writer and executive producer who had a perfect start but then lost her way

7 minutes ago, sheilaforever said:

Maria Arena Bill. Brad Bell‘s sister in law and one time Y&R head writer and executive producer who had a perfect start but then lost her way

Thank you. I remember her whole name and I also remember people speaking about her in a positive manner that then turned into a negative manner. I always wonder if one person is up to being both the HW and the EP. What stories did she tell? What's she doing now?

Of course now Y&R has two EPs where one of them is a HW, too. Pratt & Phelps. As it happens I don't care for either one of them. The soap press calls them the most polarizing pair in daytime. That's a phrase for them to carry on their backs!

17 hours ago, AdamNewmanFan said:

A scholor who is a couple of years behind lol 

We got morina and griffith now 

Sally Sussman Morina and Josh Griffith? Great. I hope they're telling good stories. I love Sally Sussman. Do you think she came back because they let Angelica go? Or did that timing not match up?

23 hours ago, slick jones said:

Pratt and Phelps have been out for 3 years. again, misinformation.

Gyah, you are tiresome. So is your friend Vanessa.

Edited by Donna B
Spacing.

8 minutes ago, Donna B said:

Gyah, you are tiresome. So is your friend Vanessa.

I don't know, I don't find them to be the ones who are tiresome, personally. 

5 minutes ago, beebs said:

I don't know, I don't find them to be the ones who are tiresome, personally. 

Unfortunately, that figures.

5 hours ago, Donna B said:

Sally Sussman Morina and Josh Griffith? Great. I hope they're telling good stories. I love Sally Sussman. Do you think she came back because they let Angelica go? Or did that timing not match up?

No no no her hubby tony morina is the EP with josh lol

5 minutes ago, AdamNewmanFan said:

No no no her hubby tony morina is the EP with josh lol

Okay, thanks, I've never even heard of him. Where else has he worked?