rlj

Angelica McDaniel OUT! (CBS Daytime)

1 hour ago, soapfan770 said:

Actually glad to see Angelica McDaniel go the way of her predecessors Barbara Bloom and Lucy Johnson. Even better yet, like Mary Alice Dwyer-Dobbin(remember the MADD one?) at P&G her position is pretty much eliminated altogether. Micromanaging meddlesome exec's, whether it was Johnson or McDaniel at CBS, MADD with P&G, John Rohrbeck, Susan Lee, and Sheraton Kalouria at NBC, or Angela Shapiro and Brian Frons at ABC are all that helped kill the daytime soaps with their very short-sighted and self-fulfilling agendas. 

McDaniel's support has always been suspect; championing the work of MAB, Pratt, and then pushing the Rosales family in to replace the Winters were all horrible. She will not be missed. ABC and NBC haven't had any specific daytime exec for years; the CBS daytime lineup, while ailing, will be fine without one. Sad to say, unless their are extremely drastic changes I just don't see the current CBS Daytime lineup existing in its current form beyond 2021.

Unlike GL which is the only soap I considered that really did die of natural causes as opposed to the typical shocking cancellation, Y&R and B&B still have a lot of life left in them but it would actually take a lot of drastic change, focus, talent, energy and even perhaps a change in format & delivery to save them, something I just don't see happening either unfortunately. 

I think YR might get pratt again for their next writer. He did get the ratings up. 

It’s all good talk.  Good stuff.  Go save the show AdamNewManFan - can’t wait to see it.  Show has crashed and burned in an awful way.  God I love sports and lifetime movies.  Always something better to watch

3 minutes ago, Fevuh said:

It’s all good talk.  Good stuff.  Go save the show AdamNewManFan - can’t wait to see it.  Show has crashed and burned in an awful way.  God I love sports and lifetime movies.  Always something better to watch

I just dont get ranting about a ahow you claim not too watch. If you really only watch a minute a week go talk about that not ranting and raving about a genre you claim to have abandoned. Am i wrong,?

I’m still laughing that McDaniel wasn’t replaced. LOL. She had the most important job at CBS Daytime and then got  told BYE BYE. You’re gone and your job is gone. What did she do all day???? Sit in an office and Sharpen pencils? 

20 minutes ago, VanessaReardon said:

I’m still laughing that McDaniel wasn’t replaced. LOL. She had the most important job at CBS Daytime and then got  told BYE BYE. You’re gone and your job is gone. What did she do all day???? Sit in an office and Sharpen pencils? 

she decided to add her life story into YR as Lola. 
forced writers to write for her Muse and her muses family.

Edited by AdamNewmanFan

It’s poetic justice that there was a revolving door of EP’s and headwriters on Y&R while McDaniel was there and once someone realized that McDaniel was the actual problem, she was fired and her position was eliminated. She was useless. 

3 minutes ago, VanessaReardon said:

It’s poetic justice that there was a revolving door of EP’s and headwriters on Y&R while McDaniel was there and once someone realized that McDaniel was the actual problem, she was fired and her position was eliminated. She was useless. 

Hopefully the writers csn have some breathing room without the mandates

14 hours ago, AdamNewmanFan said:

Hopefully the writers csn have some breathing room without the mandates

Sony is still there so this doesn’t mean there will be breathing room, just that Sony’s vision will be what goes since CBS won’t have someone to counter what they want. 

Pretty sure AMcD fate was sealed with the survey, which was by Sony I think, and shrunk her Rosales dreams, not too mention, she wasn't initially involved in the MS/GT switch

Edited by rlj

8 hours ago, rlj said:

Pretty sure AMcD fate was sealed with the survey, which was by Sony I think, and shrunk her Rosales dreams, not too mention, she wasn't initially involved in the MS/GT switch

I'm not following. Her not being involved in the MS and GT switch signifies what? 

I agree on the survey though. I'm still trying to figure out why we still have JT as Billy after that Sony survey. And why Michael and Lauren still didn't have a story after Sony came out and said that they didn't realize how much fans loved them. 

4 hours ago, RavenWhitney said:

After yesterday's YR episode where everyone was tripping on Mollies, Josh Griffith needs to go stat.  This particular episode was a new low for any Y&R writing regime.

Ok. I dont think it was as bad as pratts stuff lol it eas boring but i dont think it was the worst thing YR has ever done

8 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

I'm not following. Her not being involved in the MS and GT switch signifies what? 

I agree on the survey though. I'm still trying to figure out why we still have JT as Billy after that Sony survey. And why Michael and Lauren still didn't have a story after Sony came out and said that they didn't realize how much fans loved them. 

The thing is, they DID have story. Clearly Jack and Lauren were going to be paired and Michael was getting good screentime with Kevin and Adam. I thought this all had potential and was dropped. As for Billy, I wonder if it was more popular on JT than expected. Either that or not wanting to have another scandal so soon after the Phyllis switch.

On 9/6/2019 at 12:32 PM, ChitHappens said:

AnHellica wanted to tell her story thru this Lola person.  Pure poor girl with admirable values (embellished, of course) meeting and marrying her white prince.   It's a fail and I'm glad she's gone.  For someone who loves the genre, she sure couldn't get her ass out of the way and let writers do their jobs!  

This is exactly how I felt. Lola has truly been awful for this show. The actress does no favours either.