Toups

Latest Ratings: August 19-23, 2019

2 minutes ago, Khan said:

Frankly, I don't buy that.  Moreover, writing for Y&R doesn't necessarily mean writing it the way he would.  ATWT and DAYS managed to have good and even great HW'ing regimes after he had left both shows.

However, the problem with Y&R is exactly what @Vee keeps saying: all CBS/Sony wants or cares about is having a show that's peppy, cheap and basically follows the ABC formula.  You don't have to write Y&R like Bill Bell to be successful, but writing it the way you would GH is a recipe for failure.

I forgot about the execs. Have any of the former writers ever said how bad they are?

1 hour ago, Soapsuds said:

Y&R is still almost 500000 less than this time last year. It is still bleeding. The small increases with what Griffith and the promos promoted are a total failure. Viewers should be returning in droves like they did recently for B&B but they're not.

Michelle Stafford big return was a big failure. They should've kept Gina.

I watch Michelle Stafford’s performances (I must admit I never had a problem with her before) now and there’s this underlying smirk like she’s in on the joke - the writing for her is terrible, her storyline is rubbish, but hey a check’s a check. 

Soap actors in 2019 aren’t going to fight for the integrity of their character or material. And they certainly aren’t going to quit in protest. They know the deal. The shows are garbage and next to no one is watching. A check’s a check. After all, they’re not gonna make any better money doing a Crystal Chappell web soap. 

P.S. when the baby boomers start dying out in droves, Y&R is done. 

Laugh if you want - I’d rather see Clone Reva and handheld cameras than this garbage.  Bring on 2 more hours of The Talk.  I’ll say it again.  Never seen a show take a nose dive like this.  The Adam Show needs to go.  Where is the big B&B location shoot they were talking about?  Ohhhhhh budget cuts.  Send some more drone cams out. 

Edited by Fevuh

https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=53412

“THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL” SCORES LARGEST AUDIENCE IN ALMOST FIVE MONTHS

8ba483168b165be1369b96a41b3f9053.jpg

During the week ending August 30, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL attracted the show’s largest audience in almost five months (since the week ending April 19), reaching an audience of 3.39 million viewers. The daytime drama also bested its year-ago viewer number by +4% (from 3.26m). Source: Nielsen, live plus same day ratings for the week ending August 30.

On 9/5/2019 at 2:30 AM, Fevuh said:

Laugh if you want - I’d rather see Clone Reva and handheld cameras than this garbage.  Bring on 2 more hours of The Talk.  I’ll say it again.  Never seen a show take a nose dive like this.  The Adam Show needs to go.  Where is the big B&B location shoot they were talking about?  Ohhhhhh budget cuts.  Send some more drone cams out. 

No laughing here. Though I'll pass on the Peapack years. But by all means re-air soap classics of the 80's and 90's and see what kind of audience it brings in. 

14 minutes ago, Gray Bunny said:

But by all means re-air soap classics of the 80's and 90's and see what kind of audience it brings in. 

I'd be there. Abc should do the same thing with AMC and OLTL instead of floating around these reboot rumors which probably aren't going to be true anyway.

Or better yet, just have either company relaunch SoapNet.

Edited by AbcNbc247

I'll believe ABC (or anyone) is interested in reviving AMC and/or OLTL when the first episode of the "re-reboot" premieres.

17 minutes ago, AbcNbc247 said:

Or better yet, just have either company relaunch SoapNet.

In retrospect, SN would have been perfect for relaunching AMC and OLTL after their network runs had concluded, as well as provide a launching pad for new and different shows that fit the ABC soap mold.  It's just a shame Brian Frons didn't see it the same way.

Edited by Khan

5 minutes ago, Khan said:

I'll believe ABC (or anyone) is interested in reviving AMC and/or OLTL when the first episode of the "re-reboot" premieres.

In retrospect, SN would have been perfect way for relaunching AMC and OLTL after their network runs had concluded, as well as provide a launching pad for new and different shows that fit the ABC soap mold.  It's just a shame Brian Frons didn't see it the same way.

Thankfully, Frons and his soap hating ways are gone. SoapNet should never have been taken off the air. What they needed to do was drop The OC, One Tree Hill, etc. and start showing the classic soaps again that they had the rights to at one point (AW, RH), plus show other classic soaps like Loving, SFT, EON.

I agree about AMC and OLTL too. Had that happened, the reboots might still have been on.

31 minutes ago, Khan said:

In retrospect, SN would have been perfect for relaunching AMC and OLTL after their network runs had concluded, as well as provide a launching pad for new and different shows that fit the ABC soap mold.  It's just a shame Brian Frons didn't see it the same way.

People may not like this suggestion but SoapNet online could've had some longevity, sort of like Hulu began. People are cutting cable, year over year and tilting toward streaming. People make fun of Crackle but hey, it's still there...where is SoapNet these days?

4 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

People make fun of Crackle but hey, it's still there...where is SoapNet these days?

True dat.