Sign in to follow this  
dragonflies

Actor's who've done double duty on the same soap

The actress who played Dru's ballet teacher on Y&R was also April Steven's mother in the 80s. I wonder if she returned to her original part as she was still on the show when April returned in the 90s. IMDB says yes but that could be wrong. 

Am I mistaken, or wasn't there an actress on Y&R in the '80's who played two entirely unrelated roles simultaneously?

16 minutes ago, Khan said:

Am I mistaken, or wasn't there an actress on Y&R in the '80's who played two entirely unrelated roles simultaneously?

Yes. I think she played a doctor and a nail technician.

Yes that was Velekka Grey who began as Dr Sharon Reaves, who was treating Patty Abbott. Then she appeared as Ruby a gossipy manicurist.

Don't know the reason behind that but she was quite distinctive in each part and I'm sure many viewers would not have made the connection.

Lilyan Chauvin was another actress who did double duty on Y&R.First as Marianne, Pierre's sister in the mid 70's and then as Lil, Katherine's kidnapper.

It's a little more common than you'd have thought. I know both Anthony Herrera and Jordan Clarke played two different characters on ATWT and GL, respectively. 

Didnt Leigh McCloskey also play a doctor on GH in 1992 before coming back as Damian Smith in 1993

Joseph Mascolo had a role on Days in 1968 before  he was cast as Stefano. He was also on other soaps but when he came to Days it was always inferred that this was his first time on daytime and it was a coup for Days to have him.

I think John Aniston also had a role on Days in the late 60's before coming back to the show. 

I think Carolyn Conwell played about 3 roles on Y&R in the 70's before becoming Mary in 1980.

Cindy Fisher (Doug Davidson's wife) had several small roles on Y&R. She stole Victor's car, was in the cult with Nikki and Paul, and played a girl in the late 80's that Mary set Paul up with. 

Cindy Eilbacher had a role on Y&R before becoming April Stevens.

Several actors on Dallas, Dynasty, and Knots Landing played bit roles and came back as other characters later on.

Gordon Thomson has been on Y&R twice.

GL's Jordan Clarke (Billy Lewis) played a character named Dr. Tim Ryan in 1974-76 before playing Billy starting in '82. 

Joie Lenz / Bethany Joy Lenz / Bethany Joy Galeotti / Whatever Her Name Is Nowadays was the teenage Reva Clone for a few weeks in the Spring of 1998 before being brought back as a recast Michelle Bauer in November '98. 

Soap Hopper Hall of Famer Lawrence Weber appeared on several shows in more than one role over 30 or so years

The Doctors 3 roles

Edge of Night 2 roles

Search For tomorrow 3 roles

A 1986 episode was just shared on the Y&R thread that had Sandra Nelson as a flight attendent, she returned 11 years later in 1997 to play Phyllis Summers-Romalotti

Just remembered. John McCook played Lance Prentiss on Y&R and also did a cross over appearance as Eric Forrester in 1992 when Sheila calls Forrester Creations about a job.

Don Diamont played his Y&R character Brad Carlton on a B&B cross over, he then returned to that show as Bill Spencer Jr.

On 8/19/2019 at 10:13 PM, watson71 said:

The following are from Another World:

Victoria Wyndham- Rachel Cory Hutchins, Justine Duvalier

Tom Eplin- Jake McKinnon, Bunny Eberhardt, Doris Pepperdine

Stephen Schnetzer- Cass Winthrop, Krystal Lake, Rex Allingham

Ellen Wheeler, Anne Heche, and Jensen Buchanan- Marley and Vicky

Joe Morton- Dr. Abel Marsh, Leo Mars

Eric Morgan Stuart- Chris Madison, The Love Lady

John Aprea- Lucas, Alexander Nikos

Lewis Arlt- David Thatcher, Ken Jordan

Doris Belack- Madge Murray, Nora Simpson

Roberts Blossom- Bert Ordway, Sven Petersen

John Bolger- Dr. Alton Spader, Gabe McNamara

Carla Borelli- Reena Bellman Cook, Barbara Van Arkdale

J. Kenneth Campbell- Yohann/Herman Ludwig, Jordan Scott

Gary Carpenter- Ray Gordon, Michael Bauer

John Considine- Reginald Love, Vic Hastings

Elizabeth Franz- Alma Rudder, Belia Pirenko

Ed Fry- Mayoral candidate Chandler Haines, Adam Cory

Sofia Landon Geier- Donna Love, Jennifer Thatcher

Robert Gentry- Detective Craig Morris, Philip Lyons

Christine Jones- Janice Frame, Amy Cushing

Robert Kelker-Kelly- Shane Roberts, Sam Fowler

David Andrew MacDonald- Jordan Stark, David Halliday

Beverlee McKinsey- Iris Wheeler, Emma Frame Ordway

Lenka Peterson- Helen D'Angelo, Marie Fenton

Peter Ratray- Christophe Boudreau, Quentin Ames

I don't think it's fair to count alter-egos, disguises, and aliases in this category. Krystal Lake was still just Cass Winthrop in a dress. Rex Allingham was a different character but his resemblance to Cass was a key part of the plot. But if you're going to count something like Bunny Eberhart, why not include Anna Holbrook for Sharly and Kate?

Edited by Xanthe
spleing

On 9/14/2019 at 1:17 PM, Xanthe said:

I don't think it's fair to count alter-egos, disguises, and aliases in this category. Krystal Lake was still just Cass Winthrop in a dress. Rex Allingham was a different character but his resemblance to Cass was a key part of the plot. But if you're going to count something like Bunny Eberhart, why not include Anna Holbrook for Sharly and Kate?

I was thinking that