Sign in to follow this  
dragonflies

"Halloween Kills" & "Halloween Ends" 2 new upcoming Halloween movies

17 minutes ago, Vee said:

I got it privately.

Cool. Yeah the Video I watched about it said that Tommy & Lindsay were the main people aganist Michael with Loomis. 

Also that there was a supernatural element

That's definitely interesting! I had no idea about them having any involvement in Halloween 4. I think it was definitely a missed opportunity to never feature them. Lindsay could've easily been Rachel. Speaking of Rachel, her death in part 5 was a nightmare. It's not like they had another final girl so I'm not sure why they didn't keep her. 

The biggest missed opportunity for me with Halloween is not doing the original Halloween 2 with Laurie living in that sky rise. It would've been such a unique location for a slasher flick. I always wished we had gotten to see that.

I feel it could've been a retread of Carpenter's Somebody's Watching Me, but it was a neat idea.

The H4 script Carpenter worked on with Dennis Etchison was overtly supernatural. It was very out there and basically stated that the Shape lived on through the town's fear and hatred of him. At the end he turns into a fifty foot tall Shape towering over a burning drive-in - it was a lot, LOL. IIRC Carpenter wanted Joe Dante to direct.

Edited by Vee

Kyle has been going back and forth for a while now so I'm gonna assume she at least has a decent sized role in the first sequel. I'm still curious who is going to appear in both and I wonder if some of the people announced are just for the final sequel. I don't imagine they'll specify any of that due to spoilers.

they would be stupid to announce that and I guess they arent filming back to back anymore as Halloween Ends is still being written

Filming for Halloween Kills  started Sept 16 and ends on Oct 31

Edited by John

7 hours ago, John said:

they would be stupid to announce that and I guess they arent filming back to back anymore as Halloween Ends is still being written

Filming for Halloween Kills  started Sept 16 and ends on Oct 31

I didn't know they changed the plans to film them back to back. I assumed they would've made sure writing was complete before they went into production. Now I worry it'll cause spoilers if they still plan on filming Ends before Kills is released. When only certain actors return for filming, it could lead to spoilers. I hope they can keep it under wraps because I find it pretty exciting that they're giving a horror series this type of treatment and I still want to be surprised. I want it to be an event much like Marvel or Star Wars where I can go in not knowing what to expect.

On 9/3/2019 at 1:28 PM, Vee said:

I feel it could've been a retread of Carpenter's Somebody's Watching Me, but it was a neat idea.

The H4 script Carpenter worked on with Dennis Etchison was overtly supernatural. It was very out there and basically stated that the Shape lived on through the town's fear and hatred of him. At the end he turns into a fifty foot tall Shape towering over a burning drive-in - it was a lot, LOL. IIRC Carpenter wanted Joe Dante to direct.

a 50 ft Shape? no wonder they didn't use this. where can I find the script or a breakdown of H4?

On 9/30/2019 at 2:01 AM, Chris B said:

I didn't know they changed the plans to film them back to back. I assumed they would've made sure writing was complete before they went into production. Now I worry it'll cause spoilers if they still plan on filming Ends before Kills is released. When only certain actors return for filming, it could lead to spoilers. I hope they can keep it under wraps because I find it pretty exciting that they're giving a horror series this type of treatment and I still want to be surprised. I want it to be an event much like Marvel or Star Wars where I can go in not knowing what to expect.

this is the same thing that happened with H5. they were still writing the script during filming. damn.

On 8/30/2019 at 10:42 PM, Chris B said:

I'm really excited for these and I'm happy Kyle Richards is back as Lindsay! I know some are upset that they're bringing these characters back, but it makes sense in the context that only the original Halloween and the 2018 sequel exist. Haddonfield is a small town. In the original Halloween not many people actually died and murders happen everywhere and it doesn't cause everybody to leave town. Considering the big gap in the murders it's logical that those kids would've remained in the city and married and raised kids there as well. While Michael didn't necessarily return for Laurie bc of the sister angle, she did put a target on her entire family's back by pursuing him in the last movie, so I could see him showing interest in Lindsay and Tommy as unfinished business since they were at the scenes of his original murders. I'm very curious what story they'll go with!

I also love that they're treating it like an event film after the success of the last one. I love that they're filming two sequels back to back. I feel that will help with quality control. Especially with Halloween, you always have a good sequel followed by a really bad one (4 to 5 or H20 to Resurrection) because the entire creative team is replaced and nobody is on the same page. I hope these two movies are plotted out in a way that makes sense for a trilogy. Now the biggest worry is that I don't want spoilers!! This is so unique since you have such high volume of people that die in slasher films so I don't want actors, etc. slipping up and revealing that they appear in both or only one film.

they may film all the co-star's scene at once while HK is in production.