Jump to content
Taoboi

B&B July 2019 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

This a a bit Off-Topic, I was watching a Netflix documentary called The Black Godfather, a man by the name of Clarence Avant, who became a highly influential figure in the music/entertainment business and occasionally branched into civil rights issues. He's not into organized crime but the man seems to know everybody!  Anyway, he has a daughter by the name of...wait for it, Nicole Avant, who was an ambassador to the Bahamas from 2009-2011.  Do you think it's possible that Brad Bell knows the real Avants?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuned in today to see 3 minutes of Liam on Speed.  Thomas is eating the show just like Adam is eating Y&R.  Who wants to see this mess other than to LAUGH?  And Thomas grinning in the background.  GET RID OF THIS CHARACTER.  AND HOPE.  LET THEM go off together.  We do NOT CARE.  SEND THEM AWAY.  Let her NEVER know Beth is Phoebe or Phoebe is Beth or whatever.  Let Thomas RAPE Her, have a kid and send them into Obliviion.  Just like he did with Caroline.  Bye Thomas, Bye Hope.  BYE.  At this point I don't care who knows what or that Thomas kills people - get rid of all of it.  MOVE.  GET RID OF IT. 

 

Really really burning up the ratings though.  hahahahahaha.  So ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

This a a bit Off-Topic, I was watching a Netflix documentary called The Black Godfather, a man by the name of Clarence Avant, who became a highly influential figure in the music/entertainment business and occasionally branched into civil rights issues. He's not into organized crime but the man seems to know everybody!  Anyway, he has a daughter by the name of...wait for it, Nicole Avant, who was an ambassador to the Bahamas from 2009-2011.  Do you think it's possible that Brad Bell knows the real Avants?

Given Brad Bell's history with Black folks on the show, I'd be surprised.  LOL!  But he (or someone else from the writing team) probably had heard of their story and appropriated their names.

 

Sounds like an interesting documentary. I'll have to add it to my queue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crc said:

Given Brad Bell's history with Black folks on the show, I'd be surprised.  LOL!  But he (or someone else from the writing team) probably had heard of their story and appropriated their names.

 

Sounds like an interesting documentary. I'll have to add it to my queue.

 

It's probably just a coincidence that Colleen Bell was also in the diplomatic core (under the same administration that Nicole Avant) served in around the same time that Maya Avant first appeared onscreen. It's definitely worth a watch.  It's just that Avant seems to know everyone in Hollywood, some on an acquaintance level.  Still it is a fascinating documentary that gives additional context to some events that I'd heard of (e.g. the feud between Don Cornelius and Dick Clark, instigated by Clark, imo).

I'd be interested in knowing your thoughts on the documentary, it's got some very interesting stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

 

It's probably just a coincidence that Colleen Bell was also in the diplomatic core (under the same administration that Nicole Avant) served in around the same time that Maya Avant first appeared onscreen. It's definitely worth a watch.  It's just that Avant seems to know everyone in Hollywood, some on an acquaintance level.  Still it is a fascinating documentary that gives additional context to some events that I'd heard of (e.g. the feud between Don Cornelius and Dick Clark, instigated by Clark, imo).

I'd be interested in knowing your thoughts on the documentary, it's got some very interesting stuff.

I didn't even think of the Colleen Bell connection.  I bet you're right!

 

It's in my queue.  Have you watched "American Soul" on BET?  I know a lot of it is fictionalized, but they touched a little bit on the Don Cornelius/Dick Clark feud in the first season.

23 hours ago, Ponds said:

They've  wasted one of the most beautiful black men on daytime by not using Carter!

His appearances seem to be relegated to marriages and annulments nowadays.  Clearly Brad Bell is not interested in either character, but I'm surprised they haven't put Carter and Maya back together.  Even if off-screen or an occasional scene together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a show that's full of not very handsome leading men (Ridge, Liam & Wyatt) it should be obvious to everyone that he needs a love life!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ponds said:

For a show that's full of not very handsome leading men (Ridge, Liam & Wyatt) it should be obvious to everyone that he needs a love life!

I catch minutes at a time but I've said for a few years now - why are these women pining over Liam and Wyatt when you could have Carter and his hot body in your bed?  It's ridiculous.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ponds said:

For a show that's full of not very handsome leading men (Ridge, Liam & Wyatt) it should be obvious to everyone that he needs a love life!

If you think these guys are not handsome you clearly need your eyes checked. *rme*

 

Carter is gorgeous, it doesn't mean the others aren't handsome too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, crc said:

I didn't even think of the Colleen Bell connection.  I bet you're right!

 

It's in my queue.  Have you watched "American Soul" on BET?  I know a lot of it is fictionalized, but they touched a little bit on the Don Cornelius/Dick Clark feud in the first season.

 

Unfortunately, I no longer subscribe to cable so I haven't but I have read about the series.

2 hours ago, dragonflies said:

If you think these guys are not handsome you clearly need your eyes checked. *rme*

 

Carter is gorgeous, it doesn't mean the others aren't handsome too

 

Nothing against those guys but the idea that Carter hasn't been in a relationship in how long (?) is utterly ridiculous and inexcusable, tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding Carter, I think it would be nice if they put him with Sally. IMO, they would be a good looking couple. I liked Sally/Wyatt but they are broken up for the time being. I don't think that Sally should have lost Wyatt to Flo,m (though I also like Wyatt and Flo) but she did and is now single. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Steffy and Carter would have been SOOOO hot together!  I guess I should have said "in my opinion" the other actors are not great looking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ponds said:

I think Steffy and Carter would have been SOOOO hot together!  I guess I should have said "in my opinion" the other actors are not great looking.

 

Even the actress playing Steffy has said over the years she would have loved if Steffy was paired with Carter... since her character did date his adopted brother... it would continue the B & B tradition of siblings sharing significant others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...