10 hours ago, Mr. Vixen said:

This is probably an off the wall choice considering she has been long forgotten and was significantly less scary towards the end, but Cynthia Preston's Faith Roscoe on GH sent absolute chills down my spine. When she first showed up in town there was just something about her performance and her style that was terrifying to me. It's a shame that they quickly diluted and wasted her and then killed her off for no reason. She's one random return I would not be upset about and I hate that CP never popped up on another soap.

God I loved Faith so much!! They literally killed her off for absolutely no reason except to keep propping Sonny/Jason.

Edited by Antoyne

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/7/2019 at 9:20 AM, Antoyne said:

God I loved Faith so much!! They literally killed her off for absolutely no reason except to keep propping Sonny/Jason.

I knew I wasn't alone!!!

On 7/6/2019 at 4:10 PM, DramatistDreamer said:

I guess you could say Pine's villains fell out of favor.

Didn't his character on GL end up as the corpse in some silly Weekend At Bernie's story with Reva? 

2 hours ago, applcin said:

Didn't his character on GL end up as the corpse in some silly Weekend At Bernie's story with Reva? 

Oh wow, you mean GL brought him back?? :lol:  P&G must've loved them some Larry Pine!

I don't think I was watching at that point but something tells me that this must've been during the late years of GLwhen the storylines were not so sharp.

2 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Oh wow, you mean GL brought him back?? :lol:  P&G must've loved them some Larry Pine!

I don't think I was watching at that point but something tells me that this must've been during the late years of GLwhen the storylines were not so sharp.

I think he was playing a new character but, yeah, they offed him with a heart attack, then Reva and one of her young, blond boy-toys, Noah Chase, dragged him to a bar. I checked IMDB and this character was on in 2000.

In their last, several years on the air, both GL and ATWT had begun bringing back former cast members in new, unrelated roles.  For instance, I seem to recall Victor Slezak, who had played GL's Andy Ferris back in the Pam Long/Gail Kobe era, turning up again during the Conboy/Weston era as a crooked cop (?).  Likewise, James Rebhorn was on ATWT again as Angus Oliver, even though longtime fans were sure to remember him as Henry Lange.

Edited by Khan
  • 3 months later...

Doreen Aldrich on The Doctors has proven to be a chilling villainess. While the story itself has potholes so large they are craters, actress Pamela Lincoln's performances as a mentally disturbed woman bent on harming certain people are genuinely disturbing.

1 hour ago, amybrickwallace said:

Doreen Aldrich on The Doctors has proven to be a chilling villainess. While the story itself has potholes so large they are craters, actress Pamela Lincoln's performances as a mentally disturbed woman bent on harming certain people are genuinely disturbing.

I've been enjoying Doreen's exit story. The Doctors squandered Doreen for most of her run. Besides the Luke/Doreen/Eleanor story. They never knew what to do with her. This dark story was a great showcase for Pamela Lincoln. I wish the show would've gotten Doreen a better red wig.

157170166988737680.jpg

On 6/29/2019 at 6:27 PM, Faulkner said:

I remember thinking James Patrick Stuart as Will Courtlandt on AMC was pretty unnerving as a kid growing up, but yikes at this scene.

Agreed. Will trying to rape Hayley was traumatic to watch as a kid, but I was engrossed in this storyline. "Who Killed Will?" is still one of my favorite soap opera storylines.

On 6/29/2019 at 10:34 AM, jam6242 said:

The only soap villains who really scared me were Jonah Lockwood/Keith Whitney (played by Bruce Martin) on The Edge of Night, and Sven Petersen (Roberts Blossom) on Another World.

Sven was terrifying!

14 hours ago, mikelyons said:

For me, as a longtime AMC fan, "Who Killed Will Cortlandt?" might have been the last time I felt like I was watching AMC, and not whatever ABC was trying to turn it into.

3 hours ago, Khan said:

For me, as a longtime AMC fan, "Who Killed Will Cortlandt?" might have been the last time I felt like I was watching AMC, and not whatever ABC was trying to turn it into.

Agreed. After Disney bought ABC, the show never recovered. Remember Raquel, Braden, and the other one in that promo as the future of AMC? Awful.