Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Does anyone remember this teenage soap from the early 90s? It aired on Nickelodeon when I was a kid. I used to watch it from time to time. Several months ago, I watched the first season since it's available on Prime, but sadly the rest of the seasons are not available. I wish there was a legit place to pick up the rest of the seasons or if Prime would get around to releasing them. It's super cheesy, but if you like Ryan Reynolds, you get to see him act in it. hehe....I think it was one of his first roles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember watching it a little back when it aired on Nickeloden. It was kind of a cheesy teenagish,soapy, show. lol. But I think it was entertaining and appropriate for the type of show it was.. There are some videos of clips (and even full episodes) posted on youtube. Here are a few of them:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Honestly, I find this more entertaining than the current version of Bold and Beautiful, lol.

 

 

 

Edited by xtr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A "soap opera" on the NICKELODEON CHANNEL from the early '90's still has more depth than anything that's running on daytime these days.  I want us all to think long and hard about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me, me, me!!!!

Brooke was THAT bitca back in the day.

 

And everyone was all about Dylan was it? 

 

I think other than Ryan Reynolds, the only other person who went on to star in other things was Laura Harris if I remember correctly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Taoboi said:

Me, me, me!!!!

Brooke was THAT bitca back in the day.

 

And everyone was all about Dylan was it? 

 

I think other than Ryan Reynolds, the only other person who went on to star in other things was Laura Harris if I remember correctly. 

 

I was looking at some episodes today mainly from the first season, and Brooke was indeed messy, lol. She was just mean and messy because she could be. Like trying to prevent Dylan from getting with Courtney just because she could. In the episodes from season one that I'm watching, she doesn't even seem that interested In Dylan, she just wants to make sure that Courtney doesn't have him. Messy Molly Ringwald looking troublemaker, lol.

 

I did catch a later episode from what appeared to be another season. where Courtney and Matt wanted to be together, but Ashley's return messed with that. Though it looked like Courtney and Matt had some chemistry.

 

Also, Ashley caught flack for being considered "perfect", but I have liked what I have seen of her. I liked how she genuinely tried to help Matt with his drinking problem. 

 

And character likes Billy, Olaf, Jake and Janice all seemed to struggle with either not being that mature (in Billy's case), not assertive enough (I Jake's case) or just considered odd/outsiders by many of the other students in (Olaf and Janice's cases)

Edited by xtr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, xtr said:

 

I was looking at some episodes today mainly from the first season, and Brooke was indeed messy, lol. She was just mean and messy because she could be. Like trying to prevent Dylan from getting with Courtney just because she could. In the episodes from season one that I'm watching, she doesn't even seem that interested In Dylan, she just wants to make sure that Courtney doesn't have him. Messy Molly Ringwald looking troublemaker, lol.

 

I did catch a later episode from what appeared to be another season. where Courtney and Matt wanted to be together, but Ashley's return messed with that. Though it looked like Courtney and Matt had some chemistry.

 

Also, Ashley caught flack for being considered "perfect", but I have liked what I have seen of her. I liked how she genuinely tried to help Matt with his drinking problem. 

 

And character likes Billy, Olaf, Jake and Janice all seemed to struggle with either not being that mature (in Billy's case), not assertive enough (I Jake's case) or just considered odd/outsiders by many of the other students in (Olaf and Janice's cases)

I remember a lot of that. And DEAD at Molly Ringwald lookalike. I can't remember if she ever mellowed, but like all good soap villain she gets good comeuppance I believe.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Taoboi said:

 I remember a lot of that. And DEAD at Molly Ringwald lookalike. I can't remember if she ever mellowed, but like all good soap villain she gets good comeuppance I believe.

 

 

 

That is really who she looks like lol. I saw a couple of episodes where her friends did call her about for being too mean. Though Kelly her friend in the first season was also pretty mean herself. In one of the episodes I saw, Brooke was talking about trying to be nicer. A lot of the first season is on youtube, so I will try and get around to watching all those episodes. Maybe someone will eventually put more of the later seasons up there and it might be revealed whether she got some comeuppance for her behavior or not.

Edited by xtr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have an old Fifteen thread buried somewhere around here. I was a huge fan, appointment TV for me Sunday evenings after church. Of course Brooke was my favourite character and I was heartbroken when she didn't return for season 3 and we got this basic Brooke bitch replacement who had a bratty little brother.

 

I don't know if they're still available, but I'm pretty sure the entire series was up on iTunes.

 

I met Ryan Reynolds at a screening of Van Wilder in D.C. and couldn't help but mention Fifteen. We had such fun mocking the accents when I was in 7th grade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s on my list of things to get to. Saturday afternoon binging, for sure! Swans Crossing is on the Tubi streaming service, assuming it’s the whole run. I feel like that’s more of a weekday afternoon joint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...