Sign in to follow this  
dragonflies

GH: TV LINE ranks top 10 best character's of all time

6 minutes ago, Marlenaphan said:

Hell no!!! Scotty earned his place on that list. He and Laura saved GH from cancellation in the 70s.

Agreed It was actually Laura's accidential murder of David Hamilton & her romance with Scotty that did save GH from the axe. 

9 minutes ago, John said:

Agreed It was actually Laura's accidential murder of David Hamilton & her romance with Scotty that did save GH from the axe. 

Finally we agree on something.😉

Just now, Marlenaphan said:

Finally we agree on something.😉

Genie never gets the respect she's due at GH just gave all to Tony Geary & Like and he just shits on the history. Its ungrateful

1 minute ago, John said:

Genie never gets the respect she's due at GH just gave all to Tony Geary & Like and he just shits on the history. Its ungrateful

Genie deserves respect.  I don't question her as #1.  Scott just never did anything for me.  I would never consider him a top 10 GH character.  I don't really consider him that awesome.  Robert is way more iconic, but maybe Scott is better than I think.

I don’t think Robert is more iconic than Scotty Baldwin, the longest-running character in Daytime, but to each their own. I’d obviously swap out Sonny for Robert. 

Sonny deserves his place on the list. I don't even like his character anymore, but he's been the face of GH for about 20 years now, like it or not.  And I don't like it.  Scott is to me like the 3rd wheel of a triangle.  He's basically Jax.   Scott is not the longest running daytime character.  Marlena and Maggie on Days have been around longer. Leslie Charleson is the longest running GH cast member.  These are just facts.

Sonny is iconic to GH the way Bill Clinton’s spunk stain is iconic to Monica Lewinsky’s beautiful blue dress. 

7 minutes ago, carolineg said:

Sonny deserves his place on the list. I don't even like his character anymore, but he's been the face of GH for about 20 years now, like it or not.  And I don't like it.  Scott is to me like the 3rd wheel of a triangle.  He's basically Jax.   Scott is not the longest running daytime character.  Marlena and Maggie on Days have been around longer. Leslie Charleson is the longest running GH cast member.  These are just facts.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Scotty Baldwin predates Marlena and Maggie. He debuted in the 1960s (1965 to be precise). That’s a fact. 😉 

Edited by Marlenaphan

5 minutes ago, Marlenaphan said:

Sonny is iconic to GH the way Bill Clinton’s spunk stain is iconic to Monica Lewinsky’s beautiful blue dress. 

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Scotty Baldwin predates Marlena and Maggie. He debuted in the 1960s. That’s a fact. 😉

So Julie Williams just doesn't exist either in your world?  I don't even know why I bother.....I was speaking about Kin in the role. 

Just now, carolineg said:

So Julie Williams just doesn't exist either in your world?  I don't even know why I bother.....I was speaking about Kin in the role. 

I wasn’t speaking about Kin in the role. I never mentioned him. Scotty debuted earlier in 1965 than Julie, who debuted in November. Nice try, though. ☺️

You made up the part about Kin. I was always talking about the character. 😊 Even Kin has referred to Scotty as the longest running character in Daytime.

Edited by Marlenaphan

I believe the longest running role in daytime is still Nancy Hughes on ATWT

April 1956-June 2010, thats 54 years 2 months. 

Scott could be longer depending on when in 1965 Scott first aired on GH when Johnnie Whittaker originated the roleTWT c

However, Nancy was on basically the whole time, Although a few years she was bumped to recurring

While scott was on and off

• 1965–66
  • 1969–75
  • 1977–83
  • 1987–93
  • 1997–2004
  • 2007–08
  • 2013–
Edited by John