3 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

THIS!!!

Meanwhile ... I was probably the only one who even remotely wanted Rafe and Carrie back in 2011/2012. The Austin ship has sailed. I wish they had killed Austin in 2012 instead of Jack. On paper, Carrie and Rafe made sense to me. I can't say they have much chemistry but it's been a long time.

As a fan of the show, you should probably do your research into DAYS history ;) And maybe stop insisting your opinion is a fact. We all have varied opinions on the show. That's what makes the world go round ;) 

I’m more of a JER fan than a Days fan. The years bookended by his runs (1993-2006) were my favorite years. Didn’t bother watching again until his protégés MarDar were hired in 2011 but stopped in 2012. Started watching again infrequently in 2017-18 when Ron brought back Bonnie, Hattie, Susan, Rolf,  Princess Gina, Carrie, Billie, and Mimi. Started again full time when Jack returned.

Edited by Marlenaphan

Just now, Vee said:

JER was a bigoted hack.

That’s an interesting opinion. He’s my favorite writer, not just soap writer, and Passions is still my favorite soap. I’m glad Ron writers Days in the JER style. 

Now Higley and Tomlin, THEY are true hacks.  

4 minutes ago, Vee said:

JER was a bigoted hack.

And that's putting it kindly.

13 minutes ago, Marlenaphan said:

That’s an interesting opinion. He’s my favorite writer, not just soap writer, and Passions is still my favorite soap. I’m glad Ron writers Days in the JER style. 

He wrote a comic relief story about an incestuous transgendered rapist.

3 minutes ago, Vee said:

He wrote a comic relief story about an incestuous transgendered rapist.

I am very well aware, and I loved it! 😍 I watch soaps for the outlandish, over the top, campy plots. Thankfully, Days has returned to this style of storytelling after a decade of boring character-driven crap from Tomlin and Higley.

BTW, Vincent was not transgender, he was a hermaphrodite.

43 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

THIS!!!

Meanwhile ... I was probably the only one who even remotely wanted Rafe and Carrie back in 2011/2012. The Austin ship has sailed. I wish they had killed Austin in 2012 instead of Jack. On paper, Carrie and Rafe made sense to me. I can't say they have much chemistry but it's been a long time.

As a fan of the show, you should probably do your research into DAYS history ;) And maybe stop insisting your opinion is a fact. We all have varied opinions on the show. That's what makes the world go round ;) 

I thought Rafe and Carrie actually had chemistry during that period when they were hooking up and working together.

3 hours ago, Marlenaphan said:

I don’t know them, but thanks. 

Susan Martin aired 1966-1976

Eric Peters aired 1971-1976

Edited by John

1 minute ago, John said:

Susan Martin aired 1966-1976

Eric Peters aired 1972-1979

When you can't even get copy and pasting right ...

Edited by Bright Eyes

1 minute ago, Bright Eyes said:

When you can't even get copy and pasting right ...

Corrected

53 minutes ago, Marlenaphan said:

I am very well aware, and I loved it! 😍 I watch soaps for the outlandish, over the top, campy plots. Thankfully, Days has returned to this style of storytelling after a decade of boring character-driven crap from Tomlin and Higley.

BTW, Vincent was not transgender, he was a hermaphrodite.

Vincent/Valerie was just all kinds of wrong and then the way they treated Simone and having Marla Gibbs play her homophobe aunt

Yeah JER seemed very anti-LGBT

I wish Days would have made Anne Milbauer, Annie Peters

Edited by John

2 hours ago, Marlenaphan said:

I’m more of a JER fan than a Days fan. The years bookended by his runs (1993-2006) were my favorite years. Didn’t bother watching again until his protégés MarDar were hired in 2011 but stopped in 2012. Started watching again infrequently in 2017-18 when Ron brought back Bonnie, Hattie, Susan, Rolf,  Princess Gina, Carrie, Billie, and Mimi. Started again full time when Jack returned.

I am surprised you like JER so much if you are a big Jack fan.  JER clearly hated MA/Jack and hated writing for him

Just now, carolineg said:

I am surprised you like JER so much if you are a big Jack fan.  JER clearly hated MA/Jack and hated writing for him

I feel JER didnt mind writing Jack if he wasnt played by MA. He seemed to have issues with Matt but not Mark or Steve's versions of Jack. Hmmmm

2 minutes ago, John said:

I feel JER didnt mind writing Jack if he wasnt played by MA. He seemed to have issues with Matt but not Mark or Steve's versions of Jack. Hmmmm

Mark and Steve's version of Jack were like different characters.  MV was fine, but he wasn't the same Jack at all.  He was a more typical JER hero.  There was clearly an issue with MA and JER.

1 minute ago, carolineg said:

Mark and Steve's version of Jack were like different characters.  MV was fine, but he wasn't the same Jack at all.  He was a more typical JER hero.  There was clearly an issue with MA and JER.

Oh 100 Percent given that he killed MA off in 2003. Seems like bad blood who knows 

Mark was Good

Steve? O have no idea thought he was a good fit for jack

Edited by John