Taoboi

Y&R June 2019 Discussion Thread

25 minutes ago, Vee said:

Watros is inheriting a terrible character with awful writing. If anyone could flip Nina at GH into someone decent it's her - and it's been done before in soaps with dud characters (albeit rarely one that's already been around six years) - but the writing is a debacle, so it feels doomed though she's an exciting hire. I'll watch clips of her but I wish she had a new role.

I'm sad to hear that - I believe it, but sad to hear it.  Because I think she's electric.  In the years when GL needed it, she delivered.  

Is Eileen Davidson coming back on contract or something? MTS (who joined Instagram a few days ago) posted a Happy Birthday message to ED and said, "So glad to have you back where you belong." Could just mean she's still happy to see her around on set regularly. 

Her situation is really weird, seems like she's popped up every other month since "leaving to spend more time with the family." I have to wonder if she and Mal just didn't get along.

It seems Eileen is happy ATM to appear every so often and the writers are accommodating that.

I don't know that anyone was a fan of Mal...

Jess posted pics on the society set. Should be back onscreen soon!

Hope she gets some good scenes...

Edited by Paul Raven

5 hours ago, BetterForgotten said:

Is Eileen Davidson coming back on contract or something? MTS (who joined Instagram a few days ago) posted a Happy Birthday message to ED and said, "So glad to have you back where you belong." Could just mean she's still happy to see her around on set regularly. 

Her situation is really weird, seems like she's popped up every other month since "leaving to spend more time with the family." I have to wonder if she and Mal just didn't get along.

When she left it felt a little weird to me....I remember her posting a video of her walking into the studio and saying this was her last day after all of these years...but she's come and gone before and it didn't really seem final to me.  So I'm thinking maybe her plan wasn't to totally leave. 

Maybe ED just didnt wanna work with Mal anymore & now he's gone. So she is dippin her toes in by recurring ATM

I wish she could dip her toes in Salem, but if she did we wouldn't get to see her until 2021 anyhow. 

For anyone who ever complained about Reva being on too much on GL, that's how I feel about Adam. I don't mind the actor, but it's the non-stop Adam show since his return from the dead-by-way-of-Las-Vegas. 

1 hour ago, Ponds said:

What the hell is wrong with Michael's hair?  Is it a bad rug or bad hairdresser?  He looks seedy and awful.

Out of curiosity, I went to twitter to see if I could find a pic or a clip to illustrate what you were talking about since I haven't watched the show in quite some time...and, whoa!  

2 hours ago, Ponds said:

What the hell is wrong with Michael's hair?  Is it a bad rug or bad hairdresser?  He looks seedy and awful.

I thought I was the only one losing it at that in the recent promo. JFC

I'm in the minority  - I do not see the chemistry between Adam and Sharon - and I see more between Sharon and Rey, and I do not like that this has become "The Adam and the Restless".  I can't even watch now.  Tuned in for 3 minutes and saw scenery chewing with Adam and Sharon, and they basically brought Adam in to be the younger mustache of Victor.  Glad the lead-ups to Wimbledon are on and then Wimbledon.

21 hours ago, Gray Bunny said:

I wish she could dip her toes in Salem, but if she did we wouldn't get to see her until 2021 anyhow. 

For anyone who ever complained about Reva being on too much on GL, that's how I feel about Adam. I don't mind the actor, but it's the non-stop Adam show since his return from the dead-by-way-of-Las-Vegas. 

Same here. It hurts that Eileen doesn’t want to return to Days. I wonder what the story is and why she really said no to returning last fall.

I have never cared for ED as Ashley. I liked Brenda Epperson best.

Eileen's made is clear in the past that she feels easily burnt-out playing Kristen. Couple that with DAYS grueling production schedule, it must be hell (especially if she has to play the Banks siblings in addition to Kristen). 

That, and I always get the impression that she doesn't have the same emotional connection to DAYS as she does to her Y&R family. It's just the way she's spoken about working on both shows. 

2 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

Eileen's made is clear in the past that she feels easily burnt-out playing Kristen. Couple that with DAYS grueling production schedule, it must be hell (especially if she has to play the Banks siblings in addition to Kristen). 

That, and I always get the impression that she doesn't have the same emotional connection to DAYS as she does to her Y&R family. It's just the way she's spoken about working on both shows. 

They could just use her once a week as Susan and I would be happy. 

Eileen didn’t seem burnt out by her 2017 stint so I’m suspicious.

I hope Y&R will ask SH back as Patty now that her six-month Days contract is up. Paul needs family.

Edited by Marlenaphan