John

Actors & Actresses who were Divas/Difficult on their soap sets

And now we'll hear from someone who disagrees with John's assessment...followed by a half-dozen or so others who think John's right...followed by another half-dozen who think he's wrong...followed by one or two who will make this all about Kate Linder, for some odd reason....

Couldn't we just fast-forward to the part where Errol/Toups/whoever deletes the more inflammatory posts and then shuts down the thread altogether?  I'm going to be forty soon.

Edited by Khan

If I was Victoria Rowell, and I knew my worth to the audience and place on the show and got to watch several other actors act like a diva at times I would to.  I don’t see anything wrong with it on that show in particular!

I would love to hear some Colleen Zink stories.

Beverlee McKinsey said she would speak up if she needed to, and there is no denying the diva master stroke with how she left Guiding Light and outwitted P&G, CBS, and especially JFP.

Crystal Chappel has had issues on DAYS, I do not know is she was still a diva on GL.

8 hours ago, SoapDope said:

Coleen Zenk was also a diva at ATWT. Lots of stories there.

She didn't get along with Hillary Bailey Smith...ex Margo. I guess she didn't care for Hugo Napier??

Crystal Hunt was supposedly a nightmare on One Life to Live. Considering that she cut up a woman's face in real life it's not really surprising she was not a good person to work with.

1 hour ago, ReddFoxx said:

Considering that she cut up a woman's face in real life it's not really surprising she was not a good person to work with.

Yeah.

Wait, what?

It was a few years ago, but she got into a fight with a woman in a bar and ended up breaking a glass on the woman's face. She got probabtion and had to pay $3600 in restitution.

12 hours ago, SoapDope said:

Coleen Zenk was also a diva at ATWT. Lots of stories there.

Any stories of Deidre Hall at Days ? Bill Bell said when she finished at Y&R in 1976 he sent her over to Days for the role of Marlena Evans. He said Dee never thanked him for it and ignored him over the years. 

Dorothy Green who played Jennifer Brooks on Y&R in the 70's had a chip on her shoulder about how her character and all the other older women were written. When Bill Bell killed her character off in 1977, she was very vocal in the press about it. 

Terry Lester was pissed about Lauralee Bell taking over the show and was very vocal about it. Jeanne Cooper said he burned a lot of bridges over the years with his attitude. 

Peter Bergman comes across as a diva. He hated the Vietnam wife/child story and the family was quickly written out. 

Victoria Rowell.

There are a lot of stories about Deidre being jealous of Crystal Chappell.  Jealous of her screen time to the point they fought on set.  Who knows?  CC seems like a random person to start a feud with.  Plus the non set stories of her feud with Susan Lucci.  I love the SOD anecdote about the cover her and Susan shot where they told each actress to come in a specific color and Dee just ignored it and went with red, which Susan was supposed to wear so Susan just literally wore her negligee instead.  That's the silly diva stuff I love to hear about. 

Oh and Melody Thomas Scott rolling her eyes at the SOD awards when Deidre won.

This is awesome!  I love the 90's soap opera diva petty cattiness!

Has anyone mentioned Robert Kelker Kelly on AW and Days?

Where Crystal Chappell goes poor choices and boxed wine follow.

2 hours ago, Vee said:

I recall reading during her first stint that - supposedly - she and Deidre Hall did not get along because Carly became very popular with Bo and was garnering a lot more airtime at Marlena's expense. And Round 2 had her feuding with Kristian Alfonso, which seemed sort of life imitating art since Carly was now the interloper to Bo and Hope. I just recall a lot of fur flying.

I never watched Guiding Light, so I don't know if there was less drama there or not.

8 hours ago, Vee said:

LOL!

Watching that clip from the SOD Awards, I laugh over how Deidre Hall says Tom Langan and JER had "reinvented" Marlena, making her "dynamic, and daring, and dangerous, and highly watchable."  Yeah, Dee.  Sure, they did (he says with MTS' eye roll).

7 hours ago, Wendy said:

I recall reading during her first stint that - supposedly - she and Deidre Hall did not get along because Carly became very popular with Bo and was garnering a lot more airtime at Marlena's expense. And Round 2 had her feuding with Kristian Alfonso, which seemed sort of life imitating art since Carly was now the interloper to Bo and Hope. I just recall a lot of fur flying.

I never watched Guiding Light, so I don't know if there was less drama there or not.

I am not sure if Carly's airtime was at Marlena's expense.  I don't think it's why Marlena's airtime significantly decreased in 1992, but it really was the Carly show that year.  Carly was involved in everything and I don't find CC to be that interesting or that good.  I think Staci Greason leaving and the decision to kill Isabella off just stalled the Roman/Marlena/John affair story.  I don't think it had anything to do with Carly.  I would have loved to see the alleged screaming match at the studio between them though.

As for round 2 and her and KA, I think the whole social media thing was clearly CC drinking boxed wine and making poor decisions.   I can't even remember the details of the feud anymore but I remember reading CC's tweets thinking this woman is clearly intoxicated.   CC just comes off as a boozy, trashy, past her prime soap actress that let a few Otalia fans love go to her head and gave her a ridiculous sense of self-importance. 

Lots of fuss over CC/Carly for a character that's basically just a footnote in Days history.

12 hours ago, Wendy said:

CC is a b*tch IMO. Never could stand her

4 hours ago, carolineg said:

As for round 2 and her and KA, I think the whole social media thing was clearly CC drinking boxed wine and making poor decisions.   I can't even remember the details of the feud anymore but I remember reading CC's tweets thinking this woman is clearly intoxicated.   CC just comes off as a boozy, trashy, past her prime soap actress that let a few Otalia fans love go to her head and gave her a ridiculous sense of self-importance. 

Lots of fuss over CC/Carly for a character that's basically just a footnote in Days history.

Agreed 100%  

Sadly, like most returns that have happened in the last 10 years, the writing botched everything up. I'm glad John & Marlena have stuck around since their 2011 return. Of that "reboot," Carrie and Sun-damaged-Austin were sacked within a year, as was Jack, who's back yet again in yet another terrible storyline. Remember at the time that Carly was written off, they also axed Chloe (who's been back and forth every single year since), Vivian, Tamara Braun's Taylor, and Vivian's never-before-mentioned son Quinn, the buff pimp who later returned for a hot minute as the owner of a spa or something. LOL.  This show... 

Edited by Gray Bunny