Sign in to follow this  
Errol

REPORT: Marie Osmond to Replace Sara Gilbert on ‘The Talk’

12 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

Yup, Sharon is the last original co-host.

As for Sara, I think she is tired and burned out. In addition to being onscreen on The Talk and Roseanne/The Conners, she was behind the scenes on both as a co-producer. And, of course, she dealt with the Roseanne and Julie Chen/Les Moonves fallouts as a co-producer on both shows. I don't blame her for wanting/needing to step away.

I like Marie (who has previous experience as a talk show host) and I feel she will do just fine. She's not as conservative as many would think (one of her daughters is a lesbian - or bisexual, and is pro-gay marriage), and at the same time has mainstream appeal.

Yea, she's not an extreme conservative. I've always liked her. She'll do fine. It was a safe, good choice. But it just feels like such an odd panel. Eve. Sheryl Underwood. Sharon Osbourne. Marie Osmond. Carrie Ann Inaba. LOL. IDK. I'm surprised the show's still on the air, honestly. I know there's a place for a fluffy female driven talk show but give me The View drama anyday ...

Anyone else surprised Sharon's lasted so long? 

Edited by KMan101

12 hours ago, KMan101 said:

I know there's a place for a fluffy female driven talk show but give me The View drama anyday ...

See, I'm the opposite. I like that The Talk is more based in celebrity gossip and various news items of the day than politics. I think that's because I tend to shy away from conflict, especially when it is politically driven. But hey, to each his/her own. Each show has its own niche audience. 

1 hour ago, amybrickwallace said:

See, I'm the opposite. I like that The Talk is more based in celebrity gossip and various news items of the day than politics. I think that's because I tend to shy away from conflict, especially when it is politically driven. But hey, to each his/her own. Each show has its own niche audience. 

Very true! There's a place for it for sure. I can see the appeal, just not for me I guess :) 

On 5/8/2019 at 3:39 AM, DRW50 said:

Any time I've seen Marie in recent years I feel like she's having a mental breakdown live on air. 

Well, she probably is, but I can't blame her.  She has survived things I doubt I could.

9 hours ago, Juliajms said:

Well, she probably is, but I can't blame her.  She has survived things I doubt I could.

Agreed. The word is totally overused, but the woman is a survivor.

54 minutes ago, amybrickwallace said:

Agreed. The word is totally overused, but the woman is a survivor.

Yes she is. I've always liked her :wub: