SoapDope

TV Stars Of The Past That Should Have Done Soaps

5 hours ago, Khan said:

Lisa Whelchel might have fit in nicely with Y&R either immediately after "Facts of Life" or sometime during the '90's.

I still mentally connect her with that other blonde Blair with a twang, Kassie DePaiva.

Whenever Georgann Johnson appeared in an Alfred Hitchcock episode, I always thought how great of a soap actress she would have been. Eventually, I looked her up and saw that she had in fact done soaps, and I'm very glad that she went on to many more things after that. But she had what it took to be a daytime leading lady come matriarch for many years.

11 hours ago, Forever8 said:

I could either see her as a recast Simone Hardy on #GH or head of a rival fashion house on Bold too. 

More suggestions 

Nancy McKeon - Could've saw her on a P&G or a ABC/Nixon soap 

Lisa Whelchel - SAME as Nancy 

Telma Hopkins - On a Bell Soap 

Rider Strong - I could've saw him on GH in the 90's with Jonathan Jackson, Amber Tamblyn etc... or ATWT 

Shannen Doherty - I know she auditioned for a soap. I could've saw her on DAYS, A P&G soap or a Nixon one too. 

I always thought Nancy would be a good Lois Cerullo recast on GH

Shannen auditioned for Days & SB in the 80s

Edited by John

On Tuesday, April 02, 2019 at 6:20 PM, Faulkner said:

If soaps actually wrote for black people, Jasmine Guy. I know she did Melrose Place.

I agree Jasmine Guy would be great, epsically as a villian. Which soap could you see her being on?

On Tuesday, April 02, 2019 at 6:20 PM, Faulkner said:

Edited by 7777MJ

Jennifer Love Hewitt, Zoe Saldana, Laura James, Larisa oleynik, Tiffani Thiessen, Shay Mitchell. Sophia bush.  Robert Pattinson. Brian Austin green.

Edited by DonnaLoganFan

Oh snap now you got me started. After the influx of Dallas and Knots alums popping up, would love to see some Melrose alumni present day. It’s been 7 years since their Entertainment Weekly reunion photo shoot, but even now, so much of the cast have aged SO well. 

Josie Bissett, Thomas Calabro, Laura Leighton, Doug Savant. Hell, even Andrew Shue. He could be hired on DAYS as an ultimately unsuccessful romantic partner for Hope. 

13 hours ago, 7777MJ said:

I agree Jasmine Guy would be great, epsically as a villian. Which soap could you see her being on?

I like @Forever8‘s idea of her as a Forrester rival on B&B. Since this is a dream, I’ll just fantasize that she’d be written well (as opposed to Bradley’s inevitable hatchet job).

7 hours ago, Forever8 said:

Maura Tierney 

Sheryl Lee Ralph 

Thomas Calabro 

Laura Leighton 

Sheryl Lee Ralph played Henderson Herald reporter Mac on SFT.  Wouldn’t she make a fabulous Yolanda on Y&R?  

2 hours ago, antmunoz said:

Sheryl Lee Ralph played Henderson Herald reporter Mac on SFT.  Wouldn’t she make a fabulous Yolanda on Y&R?  

I would love for her to be on Y&R, but as Yolanda...?  IDK.

OTOH, what if Yolanda had a mother, who comes to GC w/ the news that she has passed away?

2 hours ago, Khan said:

I would love for her to be on Y&R, but as Yolanda...?  IDK.

OTOH, what if Yolanda had a mother, who comes to GC w/ the news that she has passed away?

Well, Yolanda would have two children on the canvas, one ex, and Devon’s father could always return at some point. I think if “Harmony” is now living a successful life, that would be a good thing to see.  Sheryl can sing and there might be a connection with Ana if Yolanda has (re)discovered music. 

3 minutes ago, Forever8 said:

Alyssa Milano 

Tia Mowry 

Christopher Meloni 

Michael J. Fox 

Justine Bateman 

I can definitely see Alyssa and Tia. Justine, sure, maybe. Meloni would probably end up as a baddie-antihero in the Tom Eplin mold. MJF, I’m having more trouble picturing, not just because of his illness, which soaps wouldn’t have known what to do with. Where would you picture him?