Sign in to follow this  
Errol

ABC Announces Nurses Ball 2019, Releases New ‘GH’-Themed Collection

Now if the episodes were from the 90's NB's. FV's NB's are a joke. The WR/CL NB's were amazing. They had heart & soul. And a real community feeling. Never losing focus as to what the fundraiser was for. 

Edited by victoria foxton

3 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

Who would buy that? Now if the episodes were from the 90's NB's. FV's NB's are a joke. The WR/CL NB's were amazing. They had heart & soul. And a real community feeling. Never losing focus as to what the fundraiser was for. 

That's the problem. FV is terrified if folks remember what GH used to be, they won't like the crap it is now, and his poor ego will take a hit.

7 minutes ago, beebs said:

That's the problem. FV is terrified if folks remember what GH used to be, they won't like the crap it is now, and his poor ego will take a hit.

FV's NB's are so embarrassingly bad. That red carpet nonsense. For a min i thought it was on sale. Even for free i wouldn't watch them. giphy.gif

Edited by victoria foxton

20 minutes ago, dragonflies said:

I hope you're not "FOOLING" us Errol lol ;)

I promise. Not a joke.

I would have preferred watching the 90s era myself. FV's stuff is crap, honestly. It's all song and dance with no connection to HIV/AIDS. There's just no message there and no heart.

22 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

Now if the episodes were from the 90's NB's. FV's NB's are a joke. The WR/CL NB's were amazing. They had heart & soul. And a real community feeling. Never losing focus as to what the fundraiser was for. 

Honestly even only a few of the '90s NBs were any good. Riche's Nurses Balls had moments like a sex tape being played and serial killers literally hanging people from the rafters. 

Edited by DRW50

1 hour ago, DRW50 said:

Honestly even only a few of the '90s NBs were any good. Riche's Nurses Balls had moments like a sex tape being played and serial killers literally hanging people from the rafters. 

It was still way better than FV 💩 At least they didn't have the red carpet stuff. The message of why everyone was gather there always came across. It wasn't a soulless camp fest. Characters didn't disappear from the NB without explanation. It felt like a proper event not a cringy train wreck. 

4 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

It was still way better than FV 💩 At least they didn't have the red carpet stuff. The message of why everyone was gather there always came across. It wasn't a soulless camp fest. Characters didn't disappear from the NB without explanation. It felt like a proper event not a cringy train wreck. 

I will have to agree to disagree. For me the first few years are where they should have ended.

I am glad the Nurses Ball is a fixture again, and it always should be IMO, cheese or no cheese. It's definitely been a debacle of varying degrees since 2014 or so but I don't care, so long as they keep it going. My issue with it is the choice of actors and material, which largely seems to be an excuse for FV to try to relive the old musical stuff from OLTL. (I wonder if he is still submitting super-campy NB stuff for Emmys[!!], which is what he allegedly did in '13 and '14 and so on and was apparently shocked when the PP OLTL got nominated instead. I remember Daytime Confidential trying to call him out on constantly submitting flashy camp or musical episodes and being shocked when it doesn't win.)

The Nurses Ball can be great or it can be awful - it's always had that potential. It's just a q of how they handle it.

James Patrick Stuart - the supposed dreaded villain Valentin Cassadine - singing Billy Joel songs(!!) to Nina was my personal Waterloo for Frank's Nurses Balls. I can never take JPS seriously on GH again.

Edited by Vee

The Obrecht singing ish is what killed it for me Horrible. Have someone like her singing at the Nurse's Ball. why not just have Helena up there singing and get it over with