Sign in to follow this  
Gray Bunny

Strange / Awkward / Random Story Plots

My rose-colored glasses are THICK for that period, but even I can't pretend it was good.

11 minutes ago, Vee said:

DAYS in the late 90s/early 2000s was unwatchable. Especially anything with Kyle Lowder, nature's most confirmed heterosexual.

I think the clip has been removed from YT but the hilarious scene where Brady crashes Maggie's restaurant as Gay Zorro and causes an all-out brawl between himself, John, Roman and half the town says it all about this era. @DRW50 knows of whence I speak.

Sadly it's not on YT anymore. So over the top ...

26 minutes ago, soapfan770 said:

However Max then suffers a major setback and when Stitch tells Abby Max has incontinence from ongoing seizures, that seems to be the final straw and deal breaker. We never hear from Stitch or Max again. 

LMAOOOOOOO what???

34 minutes ago, Vee said:

DAYS in the late 90s/early 2000s was unwatchable. Especially anything with Kyle Lowder, nature's most confirmed heterosexual.

I think the clip has been removed from YT but the hilarious scene where Brady crashes Maggie's restaurant as Gay Zorro and causes an all-out brawl between himself, John, Roman and half the town says it all about this era. @DRW50 knows of whence I speak.

It was funny in the most ridiculous and humiliating sort of way.  I cannot compare that scene to anything on any serialized drama I have ever beheld.  It was strangely unsettling, 

I am bisexual, I don't hide that.....but I promise....if forced to act.....I'd give a more masculine performance than that.  He went around that restaurant like he was frolicking through a field of tulips.  It was very, very, very, very BAD!  

And yet, all these years later.....I have realized it may be the best comedic scene to ever hit the air waves.  SNL has nothing on that s.h.i.t!  I belly laugh just thinking about Maggie screaming "LOCK THEM UP!"  

You can't find comedy gold anywhere like that.  Such an unintentional classic.  BRAVO TOM LANGAN!!  You outdid yourself, and ruined my show....

21 minutes ago, Vee said:

LMAOOOOOOO what???

This made me remember Bonnie giving  Julie the runs......

Yeah, that happened.....

James Reilly at his best.  My girl Julie  Olson Williams, an undeniable living legend,  had a spastic case of the runs, and it happened on screen.  Jesus, it was terrible. 

Meanwhile, Mickey Horton, Salem's most capable lawyer,  stood by dressed like a f.ucking cowboy.  Now ask me why I hate Reilly....

25 minutes ago, Vee said:

LMAOOOOOOO what???

It was strange we where trying to figure out when Stitch was written out in 2016 on Y&R, and I was reading daily recaps from the fall of 2016 when I stumbled across that. Maybe @YRfan23 knows more about it lol. 

I hated Langan's DAYS and stopped watching then after I'd been pretty addicted under JER and SSM -- looking back both of those HWs had flaws as well, but they did a good job of drawing you back in with great cliffhangers.

But would I trade today's DAYS with Langan's? In a heartbeat. At least it was so bad it's good.

25 minutes ago, soapfan770 said:

It was strange we where trying to figure out when Stitch was written out in 2016 on Y&R, and I was reading daily recaps from the fall of 2016 when I stumbled across that. Maybe @YRfan23 knows more about it lol. 

Stitch hung around till Jan 17. He was the go to doctor when Devon was in a car accident.

37 minutes ago, DaysFanatic777 said:

This made me remember Bonnie giving  Julie the runs......

Yeah, that happened.....

James Reilly at his best.  My girl Julie  Olson Williams, an undeniable living legend,  had a spastic case of the runs, and it happened on screen.  Jesus, it was terrible. 

Meanwhile, Mickey Horton, Salem's most capable lawyer,  stood by dressed like a f.ucking cowboy.  Now ask me why I hate Reilly....

OMG I forgot about that mess! The chili cookoff that gave Mickey and Julie the shits. That was when the obese yet forgettable Richard Voigts was playing Mickey right before Inman took over. 

3 minutes ago, Paul Raven said:

Stitch hung around till Jan 17. He was the go to doctor when Devon was in a car accident.

Thanks! The last mention in recaps I could get of him was in October 2016. 

11 minutes ago, juppiter said:

I hated Langan's DAYS and stopped watching then after I'd been pretty addicted under JER and SSM -- looking back both of those HWs had flaws as well, but they did a good job of drawing you back in with great cliffhangers.

But would I trade today's DAYS with Langan's? In a heartbeat. At least it was so bad it's good.

Langan's Days was horrible and downright bad. The show kept trying to milk the JER days for all of its worth and not for the better either. We had the memorable Last Blast dances 2000-2002 and had Lexie as a villainess but everything was shockingly bad. Remember when Days' ripped off Dynasty's Moldavian Massacre? 

Edited by soapfan770

3 hours ago, DaysFanatic777 said:

Then he dressed as Zorro to torture Marlena!!  :ph34r:

I don't even remember that. It must have been so horrible that I blocked it out, and I do remember a lot of Brady's vendetta towards Marlena in 2000-01.

1 hour ago, soapfan770 said:

the obese yet forgettable Richard Voigts

LMAO

I remember the JER pooping jokes. Lord.

14 hours ago, DaysFanatic777 said:

When Kyle opened his mouth to sing, it was cringe worthy in a very strange way.  He wasn't BAD.  He hit the notes in a delicate way, and seemed to understand when he needed to be subtle, and when he was required to up the ante.  

However, his facial expressions and body language made his performances a study in repression.  It was distracting in a strange, terrible, and yet fascinating way.  I don't know how anyone could champion the early 2000's on Days.  Reilly may have ruined the show, but Langan's stuff was unbearable to behold.  Langan made the show a must miss disaster.  

Yeah, there's something about his mouth and the way he pulls his head back into his neck. It's like we're watching him chug from a water bottle without the bottle. Very strange. 

Speaking of random singing: On GL in 2003 during the Weston/Conboy era, Danny and Michelle spontaneously burst into song while having dinner in his restaurant. It was so bizarre (I guess it was reminiscent of Conboy's work on Y&R in the 70's? That's what onliners said). I think the song they sang was a vocal version of their instrumental theme song that was always used for them (I will say I *loved* how GL always had specific background music for particular couples, including the final scene of Josh & Reva in the last episode) 

14 hours ago, Vee said:

OMG, around 2000-2001 when John would get into his "RoboJohn" modes and start barking orders like a possessed dom top in an underground gay sex dungeon. I particularly remember when he suddenly hated Maggie around this time with Brady at the restaurant and then John and Brady going all apesh&t around town before Brady was accidentally shot. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

35 minutes ago, Forever8 said:

Am I the only one with the opinion that Brash and Cwikly were underrated at Days? 

From what I remember, they were very well liked online, but perhaps they were underrated by their bosses.

A lot of DAYS scenes from the late 90’s and early 00’s don’t hold up or look ridiculous in isolation.

Anyone remember the scene of Lexie crashing Zack’s baptism and knocking over the holy water? Hilarious as hell, wish it was still on YouTube.

Edited by BetterForgotten

47 minutes ago, Forever8 said:

Am I the only one with the opinion that Brash and Cwikly were underrated at Days? 

I loved their run. I started watching regularly again because of them. 

Edited by victoria foxton

20 hours ago, DaysFanatic777 said:

I did love Martha Byrne singing "I Can't Make you Love Me" when Holden had amnesia on ATWT

I thought Damian was hot (I was 14 and bisexual...don't judge), and never got why she wanted Holden, but when she sang that song it resonated.  I found myself rooting for the underdog!!!

It was soapy and sensual, and it didn't feel forced.  I swear, ATWT was in a class all it's own at times.  That show understood what moments to capitalize on.  When it was great, it was magical. 

I remember they  had Lily singing ''I Can't Make You Love Me'' over and over. All over Oakdale. 24/7 in 1993. Holden would walk in as Lilly was singing it. I wish ATWT would've had Lily singing other songs. Everytime  i hear the song. I think of Holden & Lily.

Edited by victoria foxton