Sign in to follow this  
Errol

BREAKING NEWS: ‘Y&R’ Casts Mark Grossman as Adam Newman

Welp. OK.

I'll give him a chance. I just don't care about Adam. It was tiring seeing so many begging for him to come back (wonder how the Muhney fangirls will react to this? lol) it made me wish he stayed away forever.

And this likely means boring ass Chelsea is coming back. I still say kill off Chelsea. She's pointless and just exists for Adam now. It's a waste.

Surprised that a newcomer non-soap star was cast.  I thought a younger vet maybe like Jacob Young, Justin Breuning, or Matt Cohen might've been cast.  Oh well. I do hope Melissa Claire Egan returns as Chelsea, whom is far, far, far from boring!!!

Edited by David_Vickers

Remember, a newcomer is also cheaper, and honestly, I'm glad it isn't a familiar face (though I do think constantly recasting ultimately hurts a character). Though I imagine most actors are willing to work for peanuts at this point (if they truly wanted a job on soaps, that is) ...

Edited by KMan101

5 hours ago, David_Vickers said:

Surprised that a newcomer non-soap star was cast.  I thought a younger vet maybe like Jacob Young, Justin Breuning, or Matt Cohen might've been cast.  Oh well. I do Melissa Claire Egan returns as Chelsea, whom is far, far, far from boring!!!

I could see Matt Cohen as new Adam. He would bring a softer side that the original Adam once had.

51 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

I could see Matt Cohen as new Adam. He would bring a softer side that the original Adam once had.

Hmm. I like it (he would also work as a recast Chance). But does the show even know what they want Adam to be? They never seemed like they did ...

Edited by KMan101

On 3/28/2019 at 10:12 AM, CassieFan said:

Are they de-aging Adam? He is like 10 years younger than both Hartley and Muhney.

Which is a good thing. They were too old for the role. He was aged far too much. This is more age approrpiate. I'm surprised so many are so bothered by the age. It's not *that* bad ...