Sign in to follow this  
ReddFoxx

Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin indicted in bribery case

9 hours ago, Vee said:

I don't know why I find that information hilarious.

I think it's because this situation is so completely the antithesis of Lori Loughlin's good girl image. Aunt Becky defrauding higher education? Say it ain't so!!

As dispiriting as I know it must be, I guess it's better that these kids found out how things truly are early on, instead of years after you obtain your degree and still struggled to get opportunities, like many of us did.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

16 hours ago, Khan said:

To me, it just confirms what I said yesterday: for whatever reason, I always found Felicity Huffman to be off-putting and unlikable.  And apparently, I wasn't alone in that opinion, or else why would people in the entertainment industry not be all that surprised by her indictment?

If I were William H. Macy, I would think long and hard about whether I'd want to stay in that marriage.  Not that I think he's above reproach -- I'm with you there, @DRW50! -- but talk about a toxic marriage!  In an instant, the two have become an embarrassment and a liability to each other.

He was in on it too. I'm not sure why he hasn't been indicted. The transcripts make it pretty clear that he knew what was going on.

Do people honestly need a service to "guide" them through the college application process?  Or is it looking for ways to find loopholes, legal and otherwise?  This statement rings hollow to me.

I wonder if they will cancel When Calls the Heart or just write her out quickly. How many episodes are left to air. 

My parents enjoy the show and watch all her Hallmark movies. She really did have some longtime fans out there.

I imagine most of those fans will still be around, but this was the worst possible scandal for a Hallmark career. So many parents and grandparents will have seen red when they heard about what she did. For someone so smart in her career choices, this was incredibly stupid. 

Don't try to live through your children. This is what you get.

59 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Do people honestly need a service to "guide" them through the college application process?  Or is it looking for ways to find loopholes, legal and otherwise?  This statement rings hollow to me.

No, but when you have unlimited funds you start letting people do everything for you. I'm not saying this person is innocent. Just that it wouldn't surprise me that rich people hire others to coordinate the college application process.

6 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

I wonder if they will cancel When Calls the Heart or just write her out quickly. How many episodes are left to air. 

My parents enjoy the show and watch all her Hallmark movies. She really did have some longtime fans out there.

I imagine most of those fans will still be around, but this was the worst possible scandal for a Hallmark career. So many parents and grandparents will have seen red when they heard about what she did. For someone so smart in her career choices, this was incredibly stupid. 

Don't try to live through your children. This is what you get.

I certainly do.  Not really as a parent since my children haven't even started kindergarten. This just strikes at some of the myths we tell ourselves about fair opportunity.  The system is rigged in so many ways and that someone would take it to this next step absolutely enrages me, even though it doesn't directly affect me.