Sign in to follow this  
Faulkner

Alex Trebek Diagnosed with Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer

I am very sorry to hear this news. I know that the survival rate for this diagnosis is low, but I hope he can somehow beat this disease. I remember watching Jeopardy sometimes when I was younger and enjoying it. It was not too long ago where he was talking about the contract he is currently in and what he would do when it was up. He would be over 80 at the time and he wasn't sure if he would continues as the host. Plus, I read an article not too long ago from People that talked about him and his wife's marriage. His wife is lovely and they seem very happy together. They have been married 29 years and have two kids together. 

alex trebek and his wife..png

https://people.com/tv/jeopardy-alex-trebek-wishes-he-met-wife-earlier/

Wishing him and his family the best. 

Edited by xtr

This year already has been too sad for words!

Ruth Bader Ginsburg beat pancreatic cancer decades ago, although I don't know what stage it was, but clearly she beat the odds.

Praying that Alex Trebek beats the odds as well.

11 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

For people my age and younger, we don't even remember a life without Alex Trebek and Jeopardy! God bless him and his family in this fight. 🙏

I’ve literally watched him my whole life, save for my years in college when time was scarce. I don’t think I could say the same for any other TV personality. I watched Jeopardy every weekday as a kid, and it’s been pretty much a weekday after-work ritual in my adult years. It’s totally sad. I, too, hope he beats it. I remember when Valerie Harper was given months to live after a terminal diagnosis, and she’s still alive and kicking years later. The odds are not great for Alex, but who knows?

19 hours ago, Faulkner said:

I’ve literally watched him my whole life, save for my years in college when time was scarce. I don’t think I could say the same for any other TV personality. I watched Jeopardy every weekday as a kid, and it’s been pretty much a weekday after-work ritual in my adult years. It’s totally sad. I, too, hope he beats it. I remember when Valerie Harper was given months to live after a terminal diagnosis, and she’s still alive and kicking years later. The odds are not great for Alex, but who knows?

That's a beautiful post. I have fond memories of watching the show with my grandma in the 80s and 90s before she passed. The show is celebrating its 35th year...I was 5 when it began. I too hope and pray that Alex, like Val, will beat the odds.