Sign in to follow this  
DAMfan

RIP Katherine  Helmond

I know it's silly to get hung up over awards, but the fact that Katherine never won an Emmy for Soap bugs me. I'd have given it to her for 1978-79. Not only did you have the devil storyline, but there were moments like "Mickey Mouse had a gay dog?!" or "Horny? What is horny?" And, of course, some beautifully heartbreaking stuff. I'm thinking of an especially sad monologue to Chester during her relationship with Det. Donoghue. "He's not another man. You are."

8 minutes ago, Franko said:

I know it's silly to get hung up over awards, but the fact that Katherine never won an Emmy for Soap bugs me. I'd have given it to her for 1978-79. Not only did you have the devil storyline, but there were moments like "Mickey Mouse had a gay dog?!" or "Horny? What is horny?" And, of course, some beautifully heartbreaking stuff. I'm thinking of an especially sad monologue to Chester during her relationship with Det. Donoghue. "He's not another man. You are."

Katherine never winning one just reminds you how worthless the Emmys truly are. 

The fact she played such distinctly different characters proves how versatile she was.  My mom told me how un mona like she was on Soap..and boy was that the truth :)

I came across this cute Christmas movie she did during the Mona era..and she played that character unlike Mona or Jessica.  A talent limitless.