dtd655

Vintage Soap Opera

I’m thinking that if they thought they could make money off it it, it would be available already. Must be with residuals and/or music rights, there’s little to no upside. 

It it is something I would be willing to pay a monthly fee for though. 

On 2/20/2019 at 4:07 PM, jam6242 said:

The complaint in the Corday v. Sony lawsuit says that Sony had been the problem with making the early years of Days available (or putting Days on a streaming service).

"In addition to abdicating its duty to license Days of our Lives abroad, Sony has made no effort to license Days of our Lives in the rapidly growing streaming video on demand (“SVOD”) market.  Despite the rapid growth of services such as Netflix, Amazon

Prime Video, and Hulu, Sony has not entered into a single license for a streaming service to carry Days of our Lives in the United States, Europe, Asia, Africa, or Latin America.  Sony has also stopped any efforts to license the over 50 years of back-catalog for Days of our Lives. In recent years, Sony has reported absolutely zero revenues or the first 32 seasons of Days of our Lives. Incredibly, Sony has done nothing to exploit the vast library of Days of our Lives episodes."

Wow. I hope they win their lawsuit. I would pay a monthly fee for access to the DAYS vault.... I think they could even try setting a premium price on it at first if they think there is little interest. 

Edited by juppiter

On 2/24/2019 at 8:47 PM, SteelCity said:

I'm a lover of Pluto.tv and I would love if they got a classic soap channel!

Jeezus I feel old. I've never heard of this. 

I'm more a fan of Tubi, though I also have Pluto.tv (Tubi has more oddball Australian/UK/Canadian shows) than Pluto, though Pluto has a better selection of movies. I have Crackle, but I seldom use it. If Sony put Classic Days on it, I would be a devotee. 

5 hours ago, j swift said:

I downloaded Soap Streams on Roku.  So far, there are the first two Santa Barbaras and the premiere episode of Sunset Beach.  It just became available on 3/6/19

But I Googled and found this issue: https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?t=152735 which may prevent it from updating

Is that an official release or is that a fan streaming?

26 minutes ago, BoldRestless said:

Is that an official release or is that a fan streaming?

It was in the Roku streaming channels selection but, it doesn't seem official.  

On 3/8/2019 at 7:03 PM, ~bl~ said:

I'm more a fan of Tubi, though I also have Pluto.tv (Tubi has more oddball Australian/UK/Canadian shows) than Pluto, though Pluto has a better selection of movies. I have Crackle, but I seldom use it. If Sony put Classic Days on it, I would be a devotee. 

I love Community and Seinfeld so Crackle is great.