Best/Worst Network Promo Campaigns

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

UK soap promos have had excellent promos but many times the stories are nowhere near as good. Here are the two strongest examples of good promo [!@#$%^&*] story.

There's also this promo, which is just...hilarious, and completely out of proportion with anything that actually happened onscreen, but Julie Goodyear sells it.

• Members

That was cheesy for the 80s..it was even worse when Conboy brought that back for a Fashion in what 2002? Oh, old queens who don't move with the times.

That promo for the clone reminded me of why I hated it so much, not so much the sci-fi but I could never stand Josh after that and I don't think Reva would have ever forgiven him...he came off like a lecherous psycho.  It also shows how JL was wasted as both teen clone and Michele, she would have been great as a tough as nails Stacy Chamberlin or some other bad girl.

On the GL Facebook page Jill Hurst sometimes post and she brought up the "great work that Robert and Kim did" when everyone was dissing the storyline...to her credit she did say she didn't like sc--fi stuff and engaged with class.  Its just interesting to see what bts people think of the stuff that goes on the air compared to the viewers. Sometimes they are too close to the cast etc...(as in, who cares what kind of work they did, the storyline sucked...)

Edited by Mitch

• Members

Seeing Michael Zaslow still makes my eyes well up 20 years later

Please register in order to view this content

I remember the time this happened - it was around when I first started reading soap magazines. It was seen as something of a death knell for GL. If the show hadn't gotten a brief boost in late 95/early 96 I don't know if it would have survived.