Best/Worst Network Promo Campaigns

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Okay, the generic Heat of the Day promos were bad but the promos for the individual soaps appear to be a bit better.  This one got my attention because it serves as a reminder that Lauren and Paul were once a pretty popular couple.  Also, the mascara that soaps used to use was pretty cheap.

• Members

I guess I'm becoming an apologist for those Heat Of The Day promos, but I maintain that although the generic one that blanketed CBS Daytime was bad, the individual promos for each soap were better.

In this case, this ATWT promo for one of the funniest episodes I remember from that show-- this promo doesn't really do justice to how wacky this episode truly was.

• Members

It may be because it is Valentine's Days but I am starting to come around to the "Heat of the Day"  Two reasons, the editing of the scenes and the music is spot on which is not the same for the NBC promos.  Also, primetime only needs one promo a week, but daytime needs so much more which must have been difficult creatively.

BUT - "in the heat of the day/it's hot" is still an awful lyric

• Members

I like this one because of all the ways one could watch tv on the go before iphones - it was all of the convenience of carrying around a brick with cord

I had a Sony Watchman TV.  As I recall it was expensive, around $80 at the time, and I bought it to sneak a peek at Bo&Hope's wedding while in school.  Analog reception, with a dial that had to be tuned to the exact position, so it was impossible to move and watch a show, and a screen so small it makes an iphone look like imax. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

A lot of the foreign soaps (which air in primetime or early evening) have had amazing promos with high production values. EastEnders has had quite a few great ones over the years. A U.S. soap would never had the budget or the promo time allotted (no corporate ads on the BBC) for something like these (and it’s much easier to license popular music in the U.K.).

I don’t watch EE so I have no clue if the stories were any good.