Best/Worst Network Promo Campaigns

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes Daniel Bedingfield did appear as himself singing the song on GL  but I thought it was for Tony/Marah, but reading I do agree it must have been for the Manny wedding at the Bauer BBQ that year. It was an interesting ad campaign CBS had ran in the summer of 2003 with Bedingfield's song for all four of its soaps, I do remember liking the ATWT one a lot. However as just about all the CBS summertime campaings fell apart from 2002-2005ish, we got that lovely B&B promo of Amber holding Little Eric over a cliff with the announcer yelling "IS THIS HOT ENOUGH FOR YOU?" Which lead way to CBS Daytime's disastrous "Leave the Lights On" campaign that fall.  Not only did the annoying light rock song play for every Crimson Lights scene on Y&R, but it also served as the background for  music for the strange Friday cliffhanger which had Jeffrey and Beth having sex on the floor of a Japanese restaurant juxtaposed with Shayne crashing his car on GL. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Where’s that long promo featuring all the Another World guys circa 1996 dancing on some big, tacky neon-pink set? That was probably the most awkward and most unintentionally homoerotic soap-related footage I’ve ever seen.

It was on YouTube and posted here a couple of years ago, but I think it was yanked down due to embarrassment from all involved.

• Members

Ironically, the more acting experience Vivica A. Fox has had under her belt, the less believable she has become to me in her performances.  She was way more endearing as Maya than as any other character she's portrayed.

Same went for PORT CHARLES and PASSIONS.  It's like, the worse the soap, the better the promos, lol.

Of course, if that were REALLY true, then DAYS, whose bad promos run neck-and-neck with the actual show, must be as good as "I, Claudius."

What are they selling?  Soap operas, or fragrances?  ("Try Barbara!  Exclusively at Jewel Osco!")  And speaking of fragrances, would someone please tell the Designer Imposters' version of Jeffrey Osborne to leave the rapping to those who know how?

One last note: WHAT THE [!@#$%^&*] IS LISA DOING THERE?

Edited by Khan