Winchester91

Y&R: Potential Neil Recasts?

20 minutes ago, edgeofnik said:

Malcolm recast is better option. Neil should be allow to pass with dignity. It's the right the to do to recognize KSJ's contributions to the show. 

Well, we saw how well it worked out the last time Malcolm was recast. 

"Just makin' some samiches"  - I will never get over that sh!t.

When Shemar came back for his last guest stint, it was obvious they wanted us to forget there was ever a recast. I also think Shemar may be too iconic in the role for that to fully work.

Edited by BetterForgotten

I mean, IF KSJ was suggesting him for Malcolm, Tank would be a good choice if he can act well enough. Not sure he’d be interested at this point, as his singing career is still going pretty strong, but Tank brought it up in his KSJ tribute.

1 minute ago, BetterForgotten said:

There's been a lot of bad writing for the black characters, but the Maria Arena Bell era was an all-time low. 

No lies told. Her treatment of the Winterses was shameful.

3 minutes ago, dragonflies said:

Yes! Me as well, he's not been dead long, why even talk about recasts

Yeah, I don't mean to pile on, but I don't see a need for this, either, nor do I think they'll even consider recasting.

Edited by beebs

IF they recast Malcolm, Shemar needs to come back briefly for Neil's funeral then the recast could take over after 

I would suggest even though she is not a blood Winters bring Tonya Lee Williams back Full time as Olivia and recast Nate

Just now, dragonflies said:

There'd be major backlash from actors and fans if they even try to recast Neil, can you imagine with Eric Braeden's reaction to that

Totally agree would be an epic fail

41 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

I mean, IF KSJ was suggesting him for Malcolm, Tank would be a good choice if he can act well enough. Not sure he’d be interested at this point, as his singing career is still going pretty strong, but Tank brought it up in his KSJ tribute.

Who is this tank person? And what connection does he have to soaps?

8 minutes ago, alphanguy74 said:

Who is this tank person? And what connection does he have to soaps?

Zero. He’s a famous R&B singer who has acted in the BET New Edition/Bobby Brown biopics, and KSJ apparently wanted him to play a role on Y&R. I thought Malcolm would have been a good choice.

Yeah, I don’t want a recast either. It’s amazing that Kristoff wasn’t ever temp recast, like VR was.

Edited by YRfan23