ajsp35801

Y&R: RIP Kristoff St John

3 hours ago, Faulkner said:

I wished I’d watched more ATWT when it was actually good and not during the Broderick and Sheffer runs. It was my mom’s soap (she loved the Marland years), and I thought Gottlieb’s OLTL was younger and cooler at the time. Y&R was just old school Hollywood grandeur and so captivating.

I don't want to hijack the thread further with an OT discussion, so I invite you to the ATWT thread or via PM if you'd prefer--if you want to discuss it more in depth (because I have thoughts! lol) .  

I don't know what to make of any of it.  It's like going from one upsetting situation to the next.

Tragic indeed.

1 minute ago, BetterForgotten said:

Mental Health is a serious problem in this country and it's being dealt with so poorly by both the government and healthcare industry.

And if people of means get handled this ineptly, what to make of the people who are without means and have mental health problems?

16 hours ago, Faulkner said:

CBS is working extra hard to make it seem like Victoria Rowell and Drucilla actually never existed. It’s beyond ugly. It would be like honoring Eric Braeden without Melody Thomas Scott. It makes any KSJ tribute tainted from the jump.

This is such a gorgeous photo of him.

Vicky burned her bridge so bad, this is not surprising. CBS did the exact same thing with batshit crazy Dickson. 

2 minutes ago, alphanguy74 said:

Vicky burned her bridge so bad, this is not surprising. CBS did the exact same thing with batshit crazy Dickson. 

I totally get how frayed and damaged the relationship became. But unless there are absolute legal reasons why they can’t use her image, I think they should serve the story and KSJ first, and his story is quite simply incomplete without *some* reference to Dru.

I know, I know. Forget it, Faulkner. It’s Chinatown.

3 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

I totally get how frayed and damaged the relationship became. But unless there are absolute legal reasons why they can’t use her image, I think they should serve the story and KSJ first, and his story is quite simply incomplete without *some* reference to Dru.

I know, I know. Forget it, Faulkner. It’s Chinatown.

They can't use her image without her permission. Unless it is in the context of an old episode in it's entirety. 

Kristoff was a very good looking guy. 

Over the last decade+, I'm shocked at how poorly lit the show has been and actors with darker skin have often fared the worst. 

If anyone is confused about why I'm singling out darker skin and lighting standards, there are some great podcasts out there from cinematographers who have done shows like Insecure, Atlanta and Black Panther.

They talk about the techniques of lighting darker skin tones for television, where many get it wrong.