Y&R: RIP Kristoff St John

• Members

It seemed like Bill Bell had a habit of "testing the waters" when it came to new characters....I guess that's why when Heather Tom came on, she went from recurring to contract like Kristoff. It seemed like years later casting Sharon was more of a challenge.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not true.

Like when Y&R began a story with Adam only to drop it as soon as JM renewed his contract. Same thing with pairing JM with a new character during his contract issues.

There were similar situations when they paired Nikki & Bobby and JIll & Larry, etc.

Stories stop, start, shift & change for all sorts of reasons.

• Members

I can only imagine how both his real-life family and Y&R family are struggling right now. KSJ was on Y&R for over half his life, and can't imagine how the cast and crew must have felt leaving work on Friday the first only to wake up to the horrible news on Monday morning. The Y&R people have gone through so much these past few months - such as Doug Davidson being let go after 40 years on the show, Tracey Bregman losing her house to the wildfire, Tricia Cast's husband suffering from terminal cancer -  and now this. I didn't want to say it at the time, but I felt after the news broke about the 72-hour psychiatric hold Kristoff was under about a year ago that he wasn't long for this world.

The tributes that have poured in not just from his Y&R family and the B&B folks who tape across the hall from them at CBS, but from the daytime and entertainment industry at large show just how loved and respected he was by almost everyone he crossed paths with, no matter what that person's station in life was. My heart especially goes out to his two daughters.

I am curious as to how Y&R will address Neil's exit (I seriously doubt they will recast - unless they want to face serious mutiny not just from the fans but the actors) and hope that they will bring back Tonya Lee Williams and Shemar Moore for the storyline. (I highly doubt Victoria Rowell will be invited back, but weirder things have happened). Let's just hope it's a story that will be a fitting farewell to both Kristoff and Neil.

Edited by amybrickwallace

• Members

Ditto...While it started I then had to shut off in the middle as it was hurting me to see it...I have it taped and will watch but felt it was too much at the moment.  

If you give me some time I have loads more and will post in a few days....Glad you like them. I just get a little sad looking and at times I get the courage to post. A little too fresh and emotions go up and down cause it is so fresh, not to mention, we grew with him on screen and he was way way too young.