Y&R: RIP Kristoff St John

• Members

I'm from the black belt of Alabama. I know several Mamies and several  Moses. The youngest Moses is about 13. Known as "Lil Moses" in the community. 

Please register in order to view this content

It's possible. However, it clearly wasn't something TPTB wanted or they'd have continued it despite his illness. And if it was something he  truly wanted, it wouldn't have taken a decade to come about. I started watching in 1991. Wasn't she around during the mid 80s? Introduced with the family? 

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I respectfully disagree AND nor did I say to speak about Doug Davidson or his issues....I can sense the condescension in your post. 

I unlike some feel Neil was able to do well with others and alone on this show. It won him 2 Emmys and countless nominations along with loads of NAACP awards.

There is a difference when you speak of VR and her issues on a "RIP thread for KSJ" then rather speaking of Dru the character. He has been on the show  and had many stories before and after VR with loads of story and also on the show for 28 years.

I have seen it done elsewhere with over 1000 posts not mentioning VR or her issues....The character Dru sure, but nothing about her issues with the show or any deflecting off of KSJ....

That is ok if you don't agree because I don't need validation as I have seen elsewhere and even on social media fan sites honoring KSJ without bringing VR's issues or other negative drama. 

I just see it much different as speaking of his chemistry with characters rather than VR issues or anybody else's issues. I choose to honor and celebrate KSJ and Neil......Hope that is OK.

Moving forward....Have a good night. 

Edited by BellaCuore

• Members

I really loved this s/l with Neil....I just felt it was cut too short....

I just cannot believe I won't see KSJ anymore with anything new. I can't get over that he is gone. Makes me so very sad. I still can't believe I see his name in a memorial.....Sometimes when things like this happen I question my faith.....maybe I shouldn't but I do...Had he be older it would have been easy to accept but not at such a young age....He had so much more time to enjoy life here.

I remember her when she was on Star Trek and kissed Captain Kirk which was noted the 1st and most famous interracial kiss..

Please register in order to view this content

Gorgeous, beautiful sweet man.....

Edited by BellaCuore

• Members

You can speak on whatever you want lol. You’re the one who was complaining about what people were talking about. As a black person who valued the iconic legacy of the 90s black characters, I’ll continue to mention all of it because it applies and it matters. 

• Members

I never said you couldn't. I just felt there is a time and place as this is his thread to honor him that was all....

I guess we just see it different as this is about his resting in peace thread. I guess you don't see it that way but that is OK.....

I may not agree with you but it that is OK.....I also may not agree about certain other things but I am for civil rights for ALL people.... was brought up that way wouldn't ever change that.... then again even if I wasn't I know my heart and mind would have been that way already....I also may not agree that everything had to do with race …..but I am I really good and fair person who doesn't label races EVER and loves people who are good nomatter their race,  religion.

No point in carrying on, I am sure you get my point....

May Kristoff rest peacefully

Edited by BellaCuore

• Members

I do love a good family name. My daughter's middle name is my mother's first name, who was named after my great grandmother's first cousin.

Anyways, I don't think much thought has gone into recent naming. But I think someone like Bill Bell would have put alot of thought into. I still can't get over Lily's children being named Charles and Matilda. The only two born during that time who wasn't given a family name amongst the Fenmores, Summers, Johns, Katherines, Adams, and Christians. I mean really, after Nicholas and Noah having the middle name Christian, did we need another one?

I think we can tell how much the show cares about characters based on the names they are given. 

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members

I am so damn sick and tired of people taking it upon themselves to dictate what is and is not appropriate for this-or-that thread, as if they own this godforsaken board.

You don't think this is the right time or place to discuss TPTB's treatment of KSJ, Victoria Rowell or any other African-American actors, in daytime or in general?  Fine.  Duly noted.  Now, either ignore the ongoing discussion, or participate in a different thread.  Either way, shut the hell up -- because, frankly, my dear, no one gives a damn.

Believe me, if KSJ has gone to "a better place," then he's resting just fine.

Edited by Khan