Y&R: RIP Kristoff St John

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A full show takes time. These episodes have been finished for at least two/three weeks. It's not that easy to do. I'd rather they take their time and do an appropriate storyline exit for Neil that includes former cast members like Tonya and Shemar as well as proper recognition for KSJ, rather than slap something together. 

• Members

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Y&R take at least a week before they aired a special tribute episode for Jeanne Cooper? 

They announced the date in advance and it certainly was more than two days before the episode aired.  Of course, the show (which was very far from perfect) wasn't as hollowed out as it is now.

It just gives the impression that TPTB want to get things over with ASAP but it's just an observation on my part.

With the current state of the show and how marginalized the character had become, I'm not even sure that TPTB much care about writing a thoughtful leave-taking storyline for Neil.  I hope I'm wrong for the sake of the fans who still watch the show.  

I've only watched a handful of times since last summer and each time, the show was a chore to watch, so I think I'll have to read the various synopses covering whatever they ultimately decide to do with the character.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Very interesting. 

Please register in order to view this content

I'm hoping this isn't all of it and just partial. If this is all of it then it's very tone deaf.

It wasn't even important events in Neil's life. Just random scenes with people the show sees as important versus scenes  with people and story that viewers associate with his character. 

Was Ashley included cause she was his last half a$$ semi pairing? Scenes with Victor where Neil plays magical negro? Scenes with Kay cause she was a huge part of the show?

Seems they chose this to pander to the white audience versus the black audience that Neil served as representation for which he became a culture icon. Tone deaf. 

• Members

I think they may still keep him alive for at least a bit. He recently said he was going to spend his time between GC and the town Lily was in. And then he said that he was going to take the twins to see Lily for a trip (after he found out that Cane had cheated on her). I could see them saying he went to visit Lily with the twins and decided to stay in the town she was in longer because he sees that she's really struggling with Cane's betrayal.And he wants to be close to her and support her through it. There are supposed to be some Winter spoilers regarding Cane and the state of his Lily's marriage and some drama involving Devon/Ana playing out.

I could see the show letting these storylines play out first (and maybe other storylines like the JT storyline) and then later addressing what happens to Neil. I do wonder how they will handle an exit storyline for Neil, especially since Hilary and her baby died not too long ago and Devon/Lily are still dealing with the aftermath of that. And now Lily's marriage is in trouble again. Neil's death on top of all those things could really send them reeling. I hope if/when they decide to write Neil's death, they will do right by him and have a lot of people who loved him come back and honor him for his memorial.

Edited by xtr

• Members

CBS is working extra hard to make it seem like Victoria Rowell and Drucilla actually never existed. It’s beyond ugly. It would be like honoring Eric Braeden without Melody Thomas Scott. It makes any KSJ tribute tainted from the jump.

This is such a gorgeous photo of him.

• Members

Yep. It's just disgusting. All of these "tributes" to him CBS has posted and not one picture of Dru. It's bad enough they never mention her on the show but the man is dead and they can't let it go long enough to even throw up a picture of his most memorable acting partner?

How are they even going to do a tribute to Neil or KSJ without clips of Dru/VR? The last 10 years showed that not even THEY appreciated Neil without Dru.

Edited by Darn

• Members

Kristoff's tribute will be handled like the time when Shemar returned a few years ago and Y&R completely ignored Darius run as Malcolm.

Most of his tribute clips will be from the last 10 years & any earlier clips of him will be solo or appearing with actors that aren't Vicki.

Edited by DeeeDee

• Members

It’s all so petty. Clearly, everyone (social media managers, video editors, writers, web producers) has been given a directive to omit anything including VR. I can understand how legal battles turn bitter, but all of this does a disservice to KSJ. Fans have certainly noticed, but not as much as I would’ve thought.