ajsp35801

Y&R: RIP Kristoff St John

That CBS Daytime post feels a bit "too little too late" to me.  Y&R has turned me off for the way they have been treating their veterans over the past two years and the character for Neil Winters hasn't been written well for several years now. 

Several pages back I wrote my suggestions on how I think Y&R should handle an exit storyline and I sincerely hope they write something befitting of KSJ/Neil's impact on the show and pop culture-- a story of the calibre that reminds Y&R's fans of why we fell in love with the show in the first place but I must admit, I'm highly dubious because I haven't trusted the last several regimes in how they handle long-running characters.  

Edited by DramatistDreamer

11 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

That CBS Daytime post feels a bit "too little too late" to me.  Y&R has turned me off for the way they have been treating their veterans over the past two years and the character for Neil Winters hasn't been written well for several years now. 

Several pages back I wrote my suggestions on how I think Y&R should handle an exit storyline and I sincerely hope they write something befitting of KSJ/Neil's impact on the show and pop culture-- a story of the calibre that reminds Y&R's fans of why we fell in love with the show in the first place but I must admit, I'm highly dubious because I haven't trusted the last several regimes in how they handle long-running characters.  

Agreed. Katherine's death was so poorly done, I have no faith that they will give Neil/KSJ the respect he deserves.

Sadly they will mishandle a story surrounding Neil's death. They haven't cared about the character in more than a decade. He's been consistently diminished and marginalized. It will likely be glossed over with him either not mentioned at all, out of town or killed in an off-screen auto accident with a one day funeral that will consistent of everyone currently on canvas and no returning stars. I hate to be pessimistic but I have no faith in the people behind this show. They never realized the importance of Neil, his legacy or the legacy of his most popular relationship or children.

30 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Me too. When I heard they were writing out the Winters family I completely gave up on the show. I haven't watched since sometime last summer.  It just bothered me that they would screw over KSJ after so many years. Not that he's the only one, but for me it was the last straw.

That's really a shame about Tricia Cast's husband. My heart goes out to her.

33 minutes ago, StepBack said:

Agreed. Katherine's death was so poorly done, I have no faith that they will give Neil/KSJ the respect he deserves.

The irony was that Katherine’s fake death with Marge was so much better than her real death a few years later. 

Part of me doesn't want to post but when I come across a post like this, I feel compelled to do so.  I guess it feels like doing something towards a catharsis, I don't know.

It came and went today, a heavy, undulating feeling of loss. I’m sad. I wish I had one more talk with him. I regret the one I could have had, but didn’t. I was with you after your boy passed. My girl was just born. You put your arms around me, at first I held you, then realized you were the one holding me. You said, “just watch em’. don’t take your eyes off em for a second.” I’ve thought about that probably every day since that moment. Stoff and I did an event together, just him and I. Four hours on the plane went by like it was 20 minutes. Not a moment of silence. I knew we got each other. It wasn’t until that weekend, when watching you minute by minute, hour after hour, that special connection I “knew” we shared... that was just you man. You made everyone feel that way. I got some bad news that trip. You took me down to the gym, you talked me through it. We got a drink. Played some cards. I remember thinking, I wish it could be like this between us always. Knowing that we’ll have to get back to life once the weekend is over. We talked about making a short film. You really wanted a pig to be in it. You kept saying, “dude! I’ve got a pig!” I said, “Ok Stoff! Let’s shoot the pig!”. On the flight back we talked about your film. We talked about your kids. Your home. Your life. You let me have a small piece of you. I thank you for that. You texted me the next day, and said, “boys for life now.” Then sent me a gross pic. I was inducted. I for one can’t imagine a scenario where you aren’t playing ball with your boy right now Stoff. Truly wish I had one more trip with you. Find peace my friend. You deserve it.

A post shared by Robert Adamson (@rgaiphone) on

The world has officially gone awry if someone out there judges real people's grief by their Twitter feed. I support anyone who has felt like mourning by themselves or, you know, by getting in touch with people like... in real life.

It's been about a day and it is starting to sink in what a huge devastating loss this is for Y&R, for soaps in general.

Like @Juliajms, when I heard the Winters family were being written out and KSJ would not be coming back, I was like 'That's it for me!' There was really nothing left to entice me to keep watching. KSJ was a cornerstone of Y&R. I wonder if, even now, CBS-Sony even realises how crucial KSJ was to the canvas.

Shermar and Robert Adamson, wow. KSJ touched so many lives so deeply. 😪

Edited by Cat

10 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Wow. He really wasn’t filming if his last episode was so early. 

For real. No film dates for a whole month. However, side note: I wonder how long he was at the treatment facility that he left just last week?