Y&R: RIP Kristoff St John

• Members

That CBS Daytime post feels a bit "too little too late" to me.  Y&R has turned me off for the way they have been treating their veterans over the past two years and the character for Neil Winters hasn't been written well for several years now. 

Several pages back I wrote my suggestions on how I think Y&R should handle an exit storyline and I sincerely hope they write something befitting of KSJ/Neil's impact on the show and pop culture-- a story of the calibre that reminds Y&R's fans of why we fell in love with the show in the first place but I must admit, I'm highly dubious because I haven't trusted the last several regimes in how they handle long-running characters.  

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sadly they will mishandle a story surrounding Neil's death. They haven't cared about the character in more than a decade. He's been consistently diminished and marginalized. It will likely be glossed over with him either not mentioned at all, out of town or killed in an off-screen auto accident with a one day funeral that will consistent of everyone currently on canvas and no returning stars. I hate to be pessimistic but I have no faith in the people behind this show. They never realized the importance of Neil, his legacy or the legacy of his most popular relationship or children.

• Members

Me too. When I heard they were writing out the Winters family I completely gave up on the show. I haven't watched since sometime last summer.  It just bothered me that they would screw over KSJ after so many years. Not that he's the only one, but for me it was the last straw.

That's really a shame about Tricia Cast's husband. My heart goes out to her.

• Members

The world has officially gone awry if someone out there judges real people's grief by their Twitter feed. I support anyone who has felt like mourning by themselves or, you know, by getting in touch with people like... in real life.

• Members

It's been about a day and it is starting to sink in what a huge devastating loss this is for Y&R, for soaps in general.

Like @Juliajms, when I heard the Winters family were being written out and KSJ would not be coming back, I was like 'That's it for me!' There was really nothing left to entice me to keep watching. KSJ was a cornerstone of Y&R. I wonder if, even now, CBS-Sony even realises how crucial KSJ was to the canvas.

Shermar and Robert Adamson, wow. KSJ touched so many lives so deeply. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Cat