GH: February 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah, I agree.  We have witnessed just how much damage FrankenVarni can inflict on this show without Ron's help for years.  Valentini did Ron no favors when they worked together at GH.  No doubt about it. 

Does that mean I think Ron did a halfway decent job at GH?  HELL NO!  Carlivati devolved into full blown hackery for a full two years before he was fired.  The day he was let go from that job, it was like the feeling the warmth of the sun after a dark and ceaseless winter.  I'll never forget how relieved I was that day.  I'm glad he's found his knack at Days.  He belongs there.  

This Carson baby is going to become an utter fiasco before it's all said and done.  I'll just sit back and watch the shitshow unfold before me.  My neck is going to get sore from me shaking my head. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some people are outraged when women are pregnant on soaps in general. I know about women having children in their 40s . I have  a cousin who had her first child when she was 43 (she had another when she was 45)  and a my sister-in-law was 44 when she had my niece. There's a theory that soaps prefer to having older parents having babies because it's easier to SORAS them.  

• Members

I love how Kevin's super duper private room at Ferncliff has a window on the door that anyone can see through.

Michael's on tinder! LOL at him and Alexis's therapist having the same date.

I can't imagine telling a stabbing victim that she's remembering things wrong. Even if she is, lol. F-ck Nina.

• Members

I know I'm in the minority, but I actually liked RC's tenure on GH, though I can't say I liked every decision he made, such as making Obrecht Chief-of-Staff at the hospital, and especially, killing off Duke and AJ.  During RC's time on GH, the story was alot less predictable.

As for the Carson baby, let me pitch this story idea to the writers::  Sonny is angered by his wife's pregnancy news and alerts his right hand man, Jason, to find out who it was that did such a thing to his wife.  Finally, Sonny finds himself at the wrong end of a loaded gun, with Jason holding a gun on him, ready to pull the trigger.  "Oh damn, it was me!"  Sonny mutters.  CLICK, BOOM!

• Members

Women really love to insult their own with this stuff, but really there is little difference between now, 1989 or 1789  when it comes to women in their 40's getting  pregnant naturally.  It has always been possible, although the odds are against you (I did it twice).  If you have not hit menopause, any doctor will tell you, you are taking a risk by not using contraception.

It's also kind of insulting to women when shows have them think they are pregnant, but it's menopause, unless the women is in actual early menopause.  As if women who are on the verge of menopause aren't experiencing symptoms and/or know they are nearing 50. I know that's soaps for you, but it's all the more eye roll worthy in a genre supposedly written for women.

• Members

It's basically a battle between which is the least worst, I suppose, as all four have their massive, IMO, writing problems. It's still LOL though. 

Good for her, but shame for GH. They've never ever had an interest in Serena, and it really irritates me, but maybe we were saved a terrible recast and Serena being offed by Jill Phelps ... and Frank cared more about Kiki, when Serena should have been in Kiki's place (except with better storylines and writing ...)

Well, I mean, I'm so tired of babies babies babies on soaps. It feels like endless pregnancies.

I'm not happy they made Carly pregnant (for now anyway ... I doubt she carries it to term; GH isn't subtle here) but I was just wishing the folks who were outraged (on the cesspool that is Twitter) were outraged over the fact that it's a stupid plot device and they clearly have no idea what to do with Carly but instead so many whined and whined that she was "menopausal" and all that. It's just bizarre sometimes, reading soap Twitter. Don't even get me started on the stans panting over Ben on DAYS. Lawd. 

Archived