Y&R February 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Michael Fairman mentioned him during his MTS interview and she said "That story is over". I took that to mean they'll basically ignore that he exists until some EP or HW comes up the brilliant idea to bring him back. She didn't seem to consider him Nikki's child the way she does Nick and Victoria.

• Members

Today was the first time I watched Y&R on the same day it aired in at least 12 years, if not longer!

When they started doing the cult stuff, I was cringing waiting for a mention of Ray and Dylan, but it never came. I actually didn't mind Steve Burton's Dylan as a character (but he should have been just a new character or Paul's son from his whoring around, not with Nikki) but I sooo appreciated that they decided to show the history *as it aired at the time* and ignored all of the made up BS. 

I also thought they handled Nikki's marriages well, by just having her name names. It would have been an absolute waste of airtime to show people like David Chow (cringe).  Wasn't Nikki also married to some mobster though? I didn't hear that name. I would have liked to have seen a clip of her first wedding to Jack.

Annoyed that we didn't get the scenes of her killing her dad... presumably because Quinn Redeker played the part. But it's not like they showed Rex anyway, and people who have been watching long enough to know Rex wouldn't care. They really should have showed Heather Tom too. Who cares about the actress? Show a young HT returning from boarding school with a joke about "how your parents grew up so fast"... then morph into a scene with Amelia Heinle. The audience isn't that fragile, they'll get it. It really speaks poorly of AH that that dumb pointless scene was what they chose to highlight her. And it's not like I can think of anything better. For Morrow, they should have used something from the drama when Noah was born, her first grandchild.

The Sharon stable scene was out of place and the acting in that stunk. There are better scenes with them. I remember many a time Nikki purposely going to newlywed Nick and Sharon's house to interrupt them in bed, then harass Sharon to make sure she was on birth control. And of course Sharon showing young Noah the photos of Nikki stripping.

The cynic in me wonders if they added the KSJ scene at the last minute. If you really pay attention to what he was saying about making a decision to choose life... damn.

Please register in order to view this content

The best scenes were the one with Jack talking about the baby, Kay giving sex advice (was this after Victor was harpooned? Why was he so hard to seduce, lol), and Victor coming back from the dead for the first time.... I wish they would post all of the scenes in full on their CBS YT, especially the Paul/Nikki and Nikki/Casey stuff.

• Members

See, that’s what I don’t get. They’ve already cut and cleaned up those old scenes for on-air flashbacks. Why not post them in full to their YouTube channels? EastEnders may not have all of their old episodes available to stream, but they have a wide array of classic scenes on YouTube. 

• Members

They just hate us! 

They do have a few small things up.

MTS reacting and commenting on old clips (new ones).

Preview clip with her looks over the years

BTW, I am surprised they didn't do an all Nikki intro theme. The Talk had one, so it was prepared by CBS... is it not available anywhere? That would have been such an easy touch to add. They even had Nikki bumpers.

• Members

I'm surprised they showed Nikki's first marriage to Greg Foster. For years they kind of glossed over it and it was all about Victor. I noticed they never made reference to Kevin Bancroft (husband # 2). Michael Fairman also never referenced him in his photo/question segment. Melody did speak highly of Wings Hauser. I think that is the first time I really heard her talk about their working relationship.

Archived