Y&R February 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked Lola at first.  Now over the past couple months they've made her a pathetic, sad, brat who "people will never understand".  Kile needs to move on...for good and stop the apologizing and trying to win her back every other week because she decides she's unhappy again.

• Members

Over the course of the last year I've realized that RC Cates is just arrogant and ambitious in his scoring. He likes to create new and wants to leave his  mark. That's the only  reason I can come up with for why he hasn't used more old stuff in the past. Hilary's death should have had Nadia's theme. Instead he created something. He may have been given the green light to use certain old stuff. But I don't think it's all been off limits 

• Members

The indication to me was exactly that — that it’s been off limits for a good while. He’s still writing new stuff (which he links on Twitter thru SoundCloud) but it distinctly sounds like YR.

i think he was told NOT to use the old stuff until recently— meaning when Mal left. 

• Members

And your point is? I wasn’t talking about the main theme of the show but the old music cues.

Look, either Cates and co. were told it was ok to use the old cues again or they were ordered to use them again. How you get that Cates is arrogant is the question.

• Members

Nadia Theme was also used in 2011 when Phyllis lost her baby and 2015  when Christian was born 

Also noticed on todays eppy, the music in the Phyllis and Nick scenes is the same music they used for them 12 years ago 

• Members

Lola is an insufferable shrew. This character is awful. She doesn't deserve Kyle and has me rooting for Summer to get with him. (If only to keep Lola away from him) I hated the way she barged in to the cabin. She should leave Kyle alone after dumping him yet again for a stupid reason. He is single now and doesn't owe her any explanation as to what he was doing with Summer.

She didn't give him an explanation for hurting him by making out with Fen in front of his face. She's a hypocrite who needs to be alone until she decides she wants to grow up and is ready for mature adult relationship. I doubt it's the case, but I would like to see her and Kyle broke up for good or at least long term.

IMO, Kyle was a bit harsh with Summer and I think he will apologize/soften towards her.. I believe that he will realize they have more in common than he realizes and will continue to be drawn to her. If he has to pick one of them, I hope it's Summer and Lola has to live with that. 

She pushed  away a man who treated her very well for no good reason.

Archived