Sign in to follow this  
victoria foxton

Days: February 2019 Discussion Thread

From the deadline.com article:

The filing slathers it up more by claiming that Sony is tightening its hold of late by “imposing solely on Corday the burden of absorbing the multi-million dollar annual operating deficits due to an inadequate NBC license fee and mandating an inefficient, costly production schedule.

Well, I'm glad we're not the ONLY ones who recognize that taping 10 years in advance, and on a budget of one half-penny per week, is doing the show no good.  Honestly, Ken Corday must be on the verge of running a commercial like this one:

Edited by Khan

9 minutes ago, Khan said:

From the deadline.com article:

The filing slathers it up more by claiming that Sony is tightening its hold of late by “imposing solely on Corday the burden of absorbing the multi-million dollar annual operating deficits due to an inadequate NBC license fee and mandating an inefficient, costly production schedule.”

Well, I'm glad we're not the ONLY ones who recognize that taping 10 years in advance, and on a budget of one half-penny per week, is doing the show no good.  Honestly, Ken Corday must be this close to running one of these kinds of commercials:

😂😂😂

Edited by ChitHappens

9 minutes ago, Khan said:

If DAYS continues to generate any sort of revenues for SONY, what do you want to bet they're privately funneling that cash to Y&R? ;)

If that's the case, I hope Corday gets every penny of that $20mil they are asking.  It's disgusting to make people work so hard and show no profit because it's being funneled elsewhere! 

There were rumors (just rumors) about Frons and the budget spigot for OLTL/AMC and GH back in the day.

I don't trust Corday, but I have no problem believing this. Hard to say.

The biggest piece of this that I found interesting was that Corday Productions is demanding significant control of the show be put back in its hands, essentially confirming that the major decisions people blamed on Ken Corday and the producers/writers was actually because of Sony.

56 minutes ago, Vee said:

There were rumors (just rumors) about Frons and the budget spigot for OLTL/AMC and GH back in the day.

Explain. I love when you go into details about stuff I know nothing about. Were those rumors about the international distribution right of ABC daytime too?

Edited by Darn