You Again? - Actors who've been rehired after reports of bad behavior.

• Members

I was thinking about the number of actors who have been afforded new roles on soaps even after press reports of bad behavior. 

Roscoe Born, was reported by SOD to have walked off set on AMC after his character was written into a pedophile story, but was later hired by OLTL, DAYS, and Y&R.  Nathanial Marston's arrest while on ATWT was covered by the NY Post and then he was hired on OLTL.  Greg Beecroft was called "arrogant" as well as a "selfish acting partner" by the actress who was paired with him on ATWT in SOD, and then hired on GH.  Michael Watson (Dekker) was reported by SOD as arguing with producer Joe Hardy at GH, then hired at B&B.

I wonder if others can think of more examples because I can't think of a single woman who was given the same opportunity?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have read that Tyler Christopher was a prima donna at times on GH, and may have had other issues that continued on DAYS that precipitated them replacing him.

Farah Faith was a problem at both DAYS and OLTL.

The opposite of this topic is Kin Shriner. He’s been on tons of soaps and everybody seems to love him.

• Members

Except Ken Corday, who doesn't "get him" (Kin's words), which is why he's never been on DAYS.

Oh, Lord, he IS this thread, lol.

I guess we'd be remiss not to mention George Reinholt (ex-Steve, AW; ex-Tony, OLTL).

• Members

A perfect example, SOW asked him about throwing chairs at co-stars, but it was the interview with the accompanying pictorial of RKK in white overalls, so many readers were distracted from the content.

If he is hired again at another soap it will prove my thesis

The classic example of why it doesn't work, he fought with the producers at AW and then moved networks and fought with the producers at OLTL.

• Members

As much as I liked Ron Carlivati, one of my complaints about him while he was at GH was his writing for Scotty.  Ron wrote Scotty as a complete jerk and really didn't give Kin anything good to work with, except for his character getting his ear lobe being bitten off by Fluke Spencer.  So, in short, I don't think RC would "get him" any better than KC!

Archived