The Media/Journalism Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I find this article very interesting, if only because it gives a window into the ways in which influence peddling firms like Cornerstone use an often unwitting media to push their agenda.  Cornerstone very much reminds me of Cambridge Analytica in their use of tactics.

Many have complained that the integrity of the BBC has been diminished over the years.  I wonder what they are thinking of Cornerstone using their platform as a means of planting "seeds" in a proxy war between U.A.E. and Qatar?

Ahead of Qatar World Cup, a Gulf Feud Plays Out in the Shadows 

Although there are some valid concerns, such as the use of migrant labor and the abuses of migrants in construction but Qatar has plenty of company in this regard.  And the irony of Saudi Arabia leveling accusations of abuse at anyone is...certainly something.

• Members

Esquire's gotten some backlash for their cover story, in Black History Month no less. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/esquires-interview-of-white-american-boy-during-black-history-month-stirs-controversy_us_5c62ca3de4b0ab4bc4e2ad37

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a26016262/editors-letter-march-2019/

I don't think the idea of talking with a white teenage boy in today's world is the worst idea, especially given how many on social media spend their time talking about how much they hate white men and want them to die, and so on and so forth, but the article itself is mostly just yet another Trump supporter profile, and has some very disturbing views of women to boot.