Best US Soap Scenes

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

OLTL over visited the DID issue during it's run. The 1995 plot is a favorite of mine however, at least with the initial Jessica/Tess story, Tess was an actual character per say with a goal: have her own life and be with Nash. Nikki basically became a cartoon and it was confusing as to what her purpose was in destroying Viki's life. 

• Members

Really?  You and I might be the only two who feel that way, lol.

Tell me, why do YOU believe that story was flawed?

In the book, "Sybil," the title character had two (out of 16) personalities named "Peggy Lou" and "Peggy Ann."  One alter always served as a mirror image of the other.  That's how I've come to view '90s and '00s Niki Smith, as if there were, in fact, TWO Niki Smiths: one, or "Niki 1," who was there in the '60s, '70s and '80s; and the other, or "Niki 2," who came afterward.

Otherwise, OLTL's writers were so lousy, they committed character assassination on a character's alter ego, lol.

Edited by Khan

• Members

"I sang solo in the children's choir and they resented me just like you resent me. Tone deaf little girls with eyeglasses like Coke bottles and ankles the size of logs. And they whispered about me in dressing rooms just like you're whispering about me now. They couldn't hurt me and you can't hurt me. I'm immune to whispers and smirks."

"Saint Maria of Wildwind tending to the sick in her push up bra!"