Edward Skylover

Best US Soap Scenes

11 minutes ago, juppiter said:

The initial Viki’s Alters storyline is a deeply flawed storyline with some terrific individual scenes. Some things are said to be greater than the sum of their parts, and the Viki’s Alters storyline is really the opposite of that. 

Which story are you talking about?  The one in '69, the one in '85/'86, or the one in '95?

OLTL over visited the DID issue during it's run. The 1995 plot is a favorite of mine however, at least with the initial Jessica/Tess story, Tess was an actual character per say with a goal: have her own life and be with Nash. Nikki basically became a cartoon and it was confusing as to what her purpose was in destroying Viki's life. 

17 minutes ago, juppiter said:

Really?  You and I might be the only two who feel that way, lol.

Tell me, why do YOU believe that story was flawed?

17 minutes ago, ironlion said:

Nikki basically became a cartoon and it was confusing as to what her purpose was in destroying Viki's life. 

In the book, "Sybil," the title character had two (out of 16) personalities named "Peggy Lou" and "Peggy Ann."  One alter always served as a mirror image of the other.  That's how I've come to view '90s and '00s Niki Smith, as if there were, in fact, TWO Niki Smiths: one, or "Niki 1," who was there in the '60s, '70s and '80s; and the other, or "Niki 2," who came afterward.

Otherwise, OLTL's writers were so lousy, they committed character assassination on a character's alter ego, lol.

Edited by Khan

34 minutes ago, Bright Eyes said:

Would you ever revisit Niki Smith to rehabilitate (😉) her characterization, or never go back to the DID ever again?

The latter.  When Dr. Susannah Hanen merged Viki's personalities, they should have stayed merged.

Edited by Khan

On 1/27/2019 at 7:09 PM, Wendy said:

Not on YT, but I think I saw that puzzle box scene (since seeing it in '95) either on Vimeo or Dailymotion, but it looks like it got taken down. But someone on Twitter posted it! Me? I loved the scene as I love Bo/Hope. Suck it, Billie.

Re-watching it and this may be an odd comparison, but does it feel like it could be a scene from Twin Peaks to anyone else?

14 hours ago, Faulkner said:

Me too! I quote random lines from it all the time. “Are you enjoying this? Did you enjoy it? Was it worth it? Was it worth it, all the spiteful tricks?!” Like I said, if that aired in 2016, the Web would be flooded with memes from it.

"I sang solo in the children's choir and they resented me just like you resent me. Tone deaf little girls with eyeglasses like Coke bottles and ankles the size of logs. And they whispered about me in dressing rooms just like you're whispering about me now. They couldn't hurt me and you can't hurt me. I'm immune to whispers and smirks."

"Saint Maria of Wildwind tending to the sick in her push up bra!"

4 minutes ago, DaytimeFan said:

That's the ticket - with the reaction cut to Maria in the aforementioned bra

Edited by j swift

19 hours ago, DaytimeFan said:

"I sang solo in the children's choir and they resented me just like you resent me. Tone deaf little girls with eyeglasses like Coke bottles and ankles the size of logs. And they whispered about me in dressing rooms just like you're whispering about me now. They couldn't hurt me and you can't hurt me. I'm immune to whispers and smirks."

“Oh, Brooke! What’s the matter, can’t take it? I know it hurts being third-rate, but aren’t you accustomed to it yet?

Edited by Faulkner

23 hours ago, Khan said:

Really?  You and I might be the only two who feel that way, lol.

Tell me, why do YOU believe that story was flawed?

1. Making Victor Lord a child molester is an unforgivable retcon.

2. Erika Slezak could be too over the top campy and cringey. I don’t mind camp as long as it’s billed as such, but camp that thinks it’s serious just makes me cringe. 

12 hours ago, juppiter said:

1. Making Victor Lord a child molester is an unforgivable retcon.

2. Erika Slezak could be too over the top campy and cringey. I don’t mind camp as long as it’s billed as such, but camp that thinks it’s serious just makes me cringe. 

I agree with you on the first point, but the second...?  If anything redeemed that storyline, it was ES's performance, which was nothing short of spellbinding.

Edited by Khan

1 minute ago, Khan said:

I agree with you on the first point, but the second...?  IMO, if anything redeemed that storyline, it was ES's performance, which was nothing short of spellbinding.

I don’t mean she was always over the top, just certain moments I can’t watch. Those Princess scenes are unwatchable for me.