Best US Soap Scenes

• Members

IMO, the "Two Romans" story took too long to unfold and distracted too much from the Roman/Marlena/John/Isabella quadrangle, which is what DAYS viewers cared more about.  

Moreover, I didn't enjoy watching John and Marlena have their affair, because I felt they had altered Roman's personality too much in order to make John and Marlena endgame.  Others might disagree, but I just don't feel it was a fair fight.

Edited by Khan

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am really impressed with HBS.  I loved her as Nora from day one.  But now, when I see ATWT stuff with her On YouTube, I just adore her version of Margo.  And Margo and Nora are not played similarly to me, she inhabits a different character.  Most of the time a soap hopper seems the same to me, but she really does seem different in both roles.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

They actually played out the beat of Jesse being compromised well on AMC 2.0. He continued keeping secrets from Angie and lost his job after conspiring with the Russian traffickers in order to save Cassandra (even attempting to frame friend Zach), and when it came out all the other background from the final ABC years was brought up as well, all the other times Angie had felt deceived and betrayed. This left an opening which had Angie and Jesse's marriage in rough straits, while David and Angie grew closer. Jesse got drunk at a Chandler Media gala and lost it when he saw David and Angie dancing together.

I was loving it - both couples (plus David and Cara) were good, Darnell, Debbi and Vincent Irizarry did great work, and they were dealing with the mess ABC had made of Jesse's character honestly for the first time in years.

Lest we forget the best soap of 2013:

Edited by Vee

• Members

I really loved the John/Marlena affair.  Roman was made to look like a jerk though.  He never was given the point of view of struggling to get his life back.  He just got it all back and then was just off on stakeouts or weirdly possessive of Marlena and Carrie.

I think it did sort of right the wrong of the Tale of Two Romans from at least an emotional standpoint.  I never bought that once Roman was found to be Roman and Roman 2 was John everyone just walked away from one another that easily.  I heard that the original story was supposed to involve Isabella as well so both John and Marlena cheated on their spouses.  That might of made more even playing field for all characters.  But then Staci asked for too much money/left and they quickly killed Isabella off.  I do think it was the last good Marlena story before everything devolved into Devils and Camp.

• Members

Great scenes from OLTL:

1995: Viki in therapy about to open a diary in which one of the alters reveals that Victor Lord molested her, and the Tommy personality violently emerges,

Another one from OLTL. (2002) Blair finds out Todd sold baby Jack and told Blair Jack died (thinking Jack was Max's son). Todd learned Jack was his own son then brought the baby back home passing him off as an adopted child. Dramatic moment during a week of LIVE broadcast episodes for May sweeps.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

The scenes that won Hillary B. Smith her Emmy: Nora’s closing statement during the trial for Marty’s rape.

I know Manny ate GL in the late ‘90s into the 2000s, but this was absolutely one of the sexiest scenes I remember watching on the show. PAS really sells Danny’s lust for Michelle (then Joie Lenz) starting around 5:30:

Brenda and a drunk Skye going at it on GH, and Vanessa Marcil and Robin Christopher raising each other’s games:

Alexis saying what pretty much everyone wanted to say to Sam in the mid-2000s, and NLG absolutely slaying it. Like much of GH at the time, a great scene surrounded by stupidity and depravity. And remember when Kelly Monaco actually gave a sh!t?

Edited by Faulkner