Days axes five ⌛

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder if these possible firings have to do with some characters returning. Someone else on Twitter posted multiple blind items regarding the soaps. (I think they might originally be from SOD):

The blind items were that a fan favorite is returning for a limited run, a high profile character is expected to return, a veteran fan fave will get a love interest, and an actor's salary demands are keeping him from getting a job. Some of these sound like they could be about Days. Maybe they are getting rid of some actors to bring some "fan faves" back.

• Members

If the news about Nadia being fired, I think that is unfortunate. I really like Chloe. And while I wish the other actors the best if they are fired, I don't think losing their characters would be a big loss. I don't think there is really anything interesting they can do with Tripp/Claire, I don't see much chemistry between them and their characters went downhill in the triangle with Ciara.

And while we haven't seen Brandon yet and his version of Stefan, losing Stefan wouldn't be a big loss either. I don't think he's a character that a lot of people care about.  And while Leo is entertaining,  the show would survive without him.

• Members

I don't think the audience is invested in Stefan at all. The character just never really took off...and did we ever really get his backstory explained? I mean, who the hell was this guy before he came to Salem?  Although, with Stefan leaving, I wonder if the show is planning on putting the Dimeras on the backburner.

Archived